+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H4 visa holder trying to get study permit in canada

pullelav

May 17, 2020
Hello! did you manage to get a study permit? was it easy or were there any hurdles and if so, please advise of the process to manage!
Currently applied to colleges in Canada. Waiting for decisions to come. Only then will apply for Study permit. Let me know where you are in the process.

kris123

Jun 10, 2022
If I'm on h4 visa I do qualify for in state tuition But once I turn 21 I have to switch to f1 visa. Then I'd have to get an h1b to work. I dont wanna be stuck with the same visa my dad is in. I'd rather move to another country like Canada where immigration is easier.
Hi...Did you go to Canada ? How was work permit experience ?

shilpatel

Mar 31, 2023
Hello! I hope you did manage to get a study permit in Canada? kindly provide some insights about your process and some of the important items you did to get a study permit there!
Hey ....hiii...my daughter is in the high school on H4 and we r still waiting for our green card...what process she has to go through if she wants to study in Canada!
Did you manage to get the study permit in Canada and also when did u start the process!??

subinoyd26

Aug 28, 2023
I am currently in the US in an h4 visa as a high school student. My dad is on h1b and since we moved recently we haven't gotten our green card yet. I am planning on doing college in Canada with a study permit. However, I'm afraid that I won't get a study permit since I won't be able to prove that I have ties to my home country (India). I have lived in the US with my family for the past 4 years. Will my chances of getting a study permit decrease because I don't have enough ties to my home country - India. The only ties I can think of are my grandparents live in India and we also have a house and a property there.

Hi Ajay, I hope you are doing well. I am currently on H1B and my son is on H4 who is planning to apply for Bachelors degree in a Canadian University. I have a property in India , will provide US employment details and payslips and I will be sponsoring his studies. Can you please advice the probability/ challenges on student visa given the fact he is on H4 and his father currently working in US.