Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Folks- I heard few people had hard time entering the US after doing their soft landing on H4 Visa (She is the only CANADA PR applicant. I am in the US on H1b for couple for years. SHE HAS H4 VISA STAMPED FOR 2.5 YEARS)

My Question:
1. My wife applied for Canada PR and got her COPR a few weeks back. It is expiring April 2021. Her plan does soft landing in Vancouver and return to the US in a few days. Our friend will mail the PR card to our US Address.

But DO YOU THINK SHE WILL HAVE ANY ISSUES AT THE US HOMELAND SECURITY?

2. I heard few people had issues while returing to US on Valid H4 visa. Officer asked them about why returning to the US while having Canada PR.

3. Any similar situations faced by anyone? Please help.

4. What should my spouse answer if the same question asked by the US officer?

6. Any spouses with H4 did Canada PR soft landing & returned to the US? What were the questions asked at US Officer on the return to the US?

Please help help!
If landing date is April 2021 then why do you want to attempt on landing now when travel is restricted and situation is not travel friendly in near term.
For going back to US, you are not going to gain anything to do the landing in hurry. Having PR card too wont make much difference while comparing to current situation.

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
If landing date is April 2021 then why do you want to attempt on landing now when travel is restricted and situation is not travel friendly in near term.
For going back to US, you are not going to gain anything to do the landing in hurry. Having PR card too wont make much difference while comparing to current situation.
Yes! You are absolutely correct Harirajmohan.

Our plan is to go only after the crisis/few months later. But i am looking for some clarity on H4 Retry to the US after the soft landing.

A. What should be thw answer, if US officer ask a question about "Purpose of Canada visit and purpose of US visit".

B. Will she experience any hiccups on her return to USA?

Please help!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Yes! You are absolutely correct Harirajmohan.

Our plan is to go only after the crisis/few months later. But i am looking for some clarity on H4 Retry to the US after the soft landing.

A. What should be thw answer, if US officer ask a question about "Purpose of Canada visit and purpose of US visit".

B. Will she experience any hiccups on her return to USA?

Please help!
For entering US, H4 can simply say the purpose is to join the spouse.

Soft landing in Canada is going to be a challenge. Very difficult to justify if you are not moving for good.

Reactions: Harigalent

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
For entering US, H4 can simply say the purpose is to join the spouse.

Soft landing in Canada is going to be a challenge. Very difficult to justify if you are not moving for good.
Thanks Deepcur! The second part of the answer you provided is for " Purpose of visit to Canada?".

I travelled to Canada multiple times in the past for vacation. When i returned back the US officer asked me "the purpose of visit to Canada", I responded "Tourisim".

I this case for my wife, her purpose is PR Landing. But is that OK to tell the visit US officer on her return? Which will contradict "H4 dependent visa"

Please help. I hate to give the wrong/crappy answer to US officer.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks Deepcur! The second part of the answer you provided is for " Purpose of visit to Canada?".

I travelled to Canada multiple times in the past for vacation. When i returned back the US officer asked me "the purpose of visit to Canada", I responded "Tourisim".

I this case for my wife, her purpose is PR Landing. But is that OK to tell the visit US officer on her return? Which will contradict "H4 dependent visa"

Please help. I hate to give the wrong/crappy answer to US officer.
Wrong? How about just say the actual story?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I am not saying you are wrong.
Just asking "Is it OK to tell US officer that i came to Canada for PR landing".?
You have no choice other than telling the truth, isn't it? You obviously cannot say tourism or visiting a friend at this time. They would seen lot of people like this and would definitely understand that people take a visit for becoming Canadian PR.

And, being a PR doesn't impact the H4 status in any ways. As long H1 holder and H4 holders are residing in US, there shouldn't be any issues because of this.

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
You have no choice other than telling the truth, isn't it? You obviously cannot say tourism or visiting a friend at this time. They would seen lot of people like this and would definitely understand that people take a visit for becoming Canadian PR.

And, being a PR doesn't impact the H4 status in any ways. As long H1 holder and H4 holders are residing in US, there shouldn't be any issues because of this.
Now i can sleep peacefully :)
Appreciate it buddy!

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi Friends,

does anyone successful doing daily commute on h4 (along with h1b spouse )

just want to check if this is possible or any hiccups?