+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H2B/Canada visa question

fan123

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

my friend currently working in the US under the J1 training program and return home to the UK in Dec .He want to return in 2010 to work in the US and Canada.

He would ideally like to work at a ski resort in the US under the H2B visa then move to Canada to work for 1 year with the Bunac non-student canadian work visa....

It doesn't make much sense for him to work for around 6 months with the H2B visa then fly home to the UK to apply for the canadian visa at the embassey in London then fly back out to Canada to work for one year.

The question I have is,Is he able to apply for both of these visas in one trip to the embassey instead of having to return home after He has completed the H2B visa???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fan123 said:
Hi,

my friend currently working in the US under the J1 training program and return home to the UK in Dec .He want to return in 2010 to work in the US and Canada.

He would ideally like to work at a ski resort in the US under the H2B visa then move to Canada to work for 1 year with the Bunac non-student canadian work visa....

It doesn't make much sense for him to work for around 6 months with the H2B visa then fly home to the UK to apply for the canadian visa at the embassey in London then fly back out to Canada to work for one year.

The question I have is,Is he able to apply for both of these visas in one trip to the embassey instead of having to return home after He has completed the H2B visa???
Don't know about the H2B, but you don't apply to the consulate for the BUNAC, you apply directly to Bunac.