+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Visa Expedited Appointment experience in Canada?

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen living in US with H1B visa. My Canadian PR got approved so I need to travel to Canada by March 2022. I intend to finish the formalities and travel back to US for the time being. But now I see that there are no appointments available for H1B visa stamping (First time stamping with change of status from F1) in any city in Canada until 2023! Has anyone had an experience with requesting for an expedited appointment?

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
UPDATE - Submitted request for expedited appointment at Ottawa consulate on Dec 23, 2021. Got rejection on Dec 29, 2021.
Reason submitted was employer based - Working on critical project related to Covid-19 research.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
UPDATE - Submitted request for expedited appointment at Ottawa consulate on Dec 23, 2021. Got rejection on Dec 29, 2021.
Reason submitted was employer based - Working on critical project related to Covid-19 research.
When is your scheduled date of appointment? Have you expedited from US or are you already here in Canada?

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
When is your scheduled date of appointment? Have you expedited from US or are you already here in Canada?
I am currently in US. The current appointment I have is January 17, 2023.
I will need to complete soft landing in Canada by March 2022 so now I am considering using AVR to travel back to US.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am currently in US. The current appointment I have is January 17, 2023.
I will need to complete soft landing in Canada by March 2022 so now I am considering using AVR to travel back to US.
If your priority is to do landing, just use AVR, if your priority is to do landing alongside stamping, then you will have to prepare to stay here atleast 4-6 weeks if you were given a dropbox as the minimum time as of now for processing.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If your priority is to do landing, just use AVR, if your priority is to do landing alongside stamping, then you will have to prepare to stay here atleast 4-6 weeks if you were given a dropbox as the minimum time as of now for processing.
Go to india and get an appointment. I greased some agents and was able to secure an appointment within a month.

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
@swan0206 Can I still use AVR if I have an expired F1 visa in my passport but currently on H1b?

kinjal1110

Jan 2, 2019
does it matter if you use AVR and travel via flight or land? does it make any difference? Do you know if anyone has used AVR and returned back to USA via air?

I am in similar situation - I had H1 stamping appointment in Ottawa on Jan 18th, 2022 which got cancelled but I need to complete soft landing before Feb 2022 so AVR is the only option left for me to return back to USA. I have seen many people returning on AVR via land but how about flight options? Is there any difference in returning back to USA on AVR via land or air?

Please share if you have any details on this. TIA

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Yes, few people have done via Air. You can search AVR or softlanding via air.

By the way, any reason on why was it cancelled?

kinjal1110

Jan 2, 2019
Yes, few people have done via Air. You can search AVR or softlanding via air.

By the way, any reason on why was it cancelled?
I got email saying that mentions below:

[The U.S. Department of State and the Embassy and Consulates in Canada understand that many visa applicants have paid the visa application processing fee and are still waiting to schedule a visa appointment. We are working diligently to restore all routine visa operations as quickly and safely as possible. In the meantime, rest assured that U.S. Missions will extend the validity of your payment (known as the MRV fee) until September 30, 2022, to allow all applicants who were unable to schedule a visa appointment as a result of the suspension of routine consular operations an opportunity to schedule and/or attend a visa appointment with the already paid fee.]

They were confirming all appointments till Dec, 2021 and now I see so many appointments are getting cancelled.

Reactions: swan0206

gayridge

Jan 15, 2022
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen living in US with H1B visa. My Canadian PR got approved so I need to travel to Canada by March 2022. I intend to finish the formalities and travel back to US for the time being. But now I see that there are no appointments available for H1B visa stamping (First time stamping with change of status from F1) in any city in Canada until 2023! Has anyone had an experience with requesting for an expedited appointment?
Hi,
Did you get any reply from anyone as I am going through the same situation. So i need suggestion.