+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment expedition eligibility

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Can you explain your situation? I am not sure I get that correctly. You are working full-time (not contractor) for a US Firm from Canada. You are getting paid in USD?
Yes, i am working full-time for my employer(getting paid in USD). But the client is going to change now. its an EVC model that i am in. My new client is located in multiple US locations. However, my position is a remote position now. So planning to file LCA with both client location near to the border and an address where i would stay when i enter into US. By the way i am residing in Canada from past 10months now.

KanchKarthik

Sep 8, 2021
Yes, i am working full-time for my employer(getting paid in USD). But the client is going to change now. its an EVC model that i am in. My new client is located in multiple US locations. However, my position is a remote position now. So planning to file LCA with both client location near to the border and an address where i would stay when i enter into US. By the way i am residing in Canada from past 10months now.
@swan0206 : So are you staying and working in Canada on a Work Permit or a Visitor Visa?

KanchKarthik

Sep 8, 2021
My bad, sorry i didnt mention all the details. I am a permanent resident in Canada. Been using AVR to enter US every month from past ten months. Now its time for me to file amendment hence checking with you.
@swan0206 : I am not sure of the implications of being paid in US salary while working from Canada. I think that would be risky applying for an LCA from outside US. They might anticipate your paystubs to be in Canadian salary. Have you enquired with your law firm on what they are suggesting? Also is this an initial H1B or renewal?

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
@swan0206 : I am not sure of the implications of being paid in US salary while working from Canada. I think that would be a risky applying for an LCA from outside US. They might anticipate your paystubs to be in Canadian salary.
Yeah, may be there lies the point, if you have been transferred to an Canadian entity then the rule might be different for an amendment or it is easily understood by the USCIS for the amendment to go through.

@swan0206 :
Have you enquired with your law firm on what they are suggesting? Also is this an initial H1B or renewal?
Not yet. will be talking to my attorney soon. just checking if you had any info on that. Nope, this is not my first renewal.

Reactions: KanchKarthik

KanchKarthik

Sep 8, 2021
@swan0206 : Probably that is the diferentiator. You will have to show proof of financial means local to the country you are working in. There are tax implications for this. If you have been moved to the Canada entity and are paid in Canadian Salary, it will make your profile spotless and I dont think there would be any issue applying for an amendment from outside of the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: swan0206

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
I need to travel to Canada for soft landing and to apply for the PR card. Would that be a valid request for expedite appointment?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I need to travel to Canada for soft landing and to apply for the PR card. Would that be a valid request for expedite appointment?
Your PR and landing is not anyway concerned to US immigration. Its needs to something related on your US side, like your opening of offices sometime soon and you are needed to present in office , something of that sort.

Reactions: shr89

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
Your PR and landing is not anyway concerned to US immigration. Its needs to something related on your US side, like your opening of offices sometime soon and you are needed to present in office , something of that sort.
Yes that makes sense. Thanks for your input.

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
@harirajmohan @kvrssudhir : Update (09/17/2021): My expedited appointment for Toronto Consulate H1B interview got approved for Oct 7, 2021. So I am sorted for the interview.
I reside in the US and have an approved H4 along with an H4EAD. Have been out of Canada for a few years, accompanying my Canadian citizen spouse here in US. So my PR has expired but I plan to apply for a renewal on my trip when I come for stamping. I work in a non-profit healthcare company and my employer will provide a letter. Will that suffice to request an Expedited Appointment? Right now the earliest appointment I got in Ottawa in May 31st, 2023 which is more than a year out

bear joules

Sep 26, 2022
I reside in the US and have an approved H4 along with an H4EAD. Have been out of Canada for a few years, accompanying my Canadian citizen spouse here in US. So my PR has expired but I plan to apply for a renewal on my trip when I come for stamping. I work in a non-profit healthcare company and my employer will provide a letter. Will that suffice to request an Expedited Appointment? Right now the earliest appointment I got in Ottawa in May 31st, 2023 which is more than a year out
Hi … were you able to successfully expedite ?