+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B stamping availability Ottawa

aninanda

Jul 12, 2021
Whats the current wait-time for Ottawa for H1B stamping for folks living in Canada?

Also if you are eligible for dropbox then what is the wait time in that case?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Whats the current wait-time for Ottawa for H1B stamping for folks living in Canada?

Also if you are eligible for dropbox then what is the wait time in that case?
Next available dates are in Jan 2023 for Ottawa. For dropbox there is no wait time, once you are eligible they will ask you to send the documents. Dropbox doesn't have appointments in Canada for now.

phanisrikanth

Sep 20, 2021
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html#

The dates mentioned in the above link is accurate for Canada consulates for All Other Nonimmigrant Visas ?
Ottawa - 60 days (All Other Nonimmigrant Visas )
Quebec - 60 days (All Other Nonimmigrant Visas )
Toronto - 369 days
Vancouver - 366 days
Halifax - 60 days
Calgary - 142 days

My H1B extension is filed and hoping to approved soon. I would like to know if stamping in quicker in Canada or India.

Thanks,
Phani

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html#

The dates mentioned in the above link is accurate for Canada consulates for All Other Nonimmigrant Visas ?
Ottawa - 60 days (All Other Nonimmigrant Visas )
Quebec - 60 days (All Other Nonimmigrant Visas )
Toronto - 369 days
Vancouver - 366 days
Halifax - 60 days
Calgary - 142 days

My H1B extension is filed and hoping to approved soon. I would like to know if stamping in quicker in Canada or India.

Thanks,
Phani
Current dates availability:
Montreal, Quebec, Halifax and Quebec city : Only emergency/No appointments.

Ottawa : Jan'22
Toronto : Dec'22
Calgary: July'22
Vancouver: Oct'22

Reactions: phanisrikanth

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
Hey @shevas2003 are you seeing that date even if you are a resident of canada ?
My case is a little different. I am a PR of Canada, with an expired PR card as I reside in US as I am accompanying my Canadian citizen spouse here. I did put in the questionnaire that I am a resident of Canada but it told me to schedule an appt. Btw, I just saw dates for February 2023.

aninanda

Jul 12, 2021
Next available dates are in Jan 2023 for Ottawa. For dropbox there is no wait time, once you are eligible they will ask you to send the documents. Dropbox doesn't have appointments in Canada for now.
hey @swan0206 my H1b just got approved but i expect my -197 in a feew weeks ......i had a couple of questions:
  1. Can I go ahead and submit a DS-160 for the H1b with my receipt number?
  2. I am a little confused around when to try for the Dropbox process. What are your thoughts around me waiting until I get my i-797 and then applying for the Dropbox appointment vs try to make an appointment right away with the receipt number?

phanisrikanth

Sep 20, 2021
Hello @swan0206 ,
I have created login in "https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in" and completed the form by selecting Document Delivery Location as Toronto. Current Status showing as "Send Documents".
I'm not sure whether it is considered me as a PR/Canada Citizen, so I reached out Canada Yatri Support team to confirm about submitting Work permit VISA as a Proof of legal status in Canada and I got the response as "Any documents you have on your legal status in Canada " and asked me to submit original passport.

I am seeing clarification on below queries
  • I'm assuming "Send Documents" Status as dropbox process. If so, how come I have got the dropbox option
  • After submitting original passport and other supported documents. Will the US consulate gives me a appointment date (Dec'22) after verification.
  • Can I go ahead and submit original documents?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
hey @swan0206 my H1b just got approved but i expect my -197 in a feew weeks ......i had a couple of questions:
  1. Can I go ahead and submit a DS-160 for the H1b with my receipt number?
  2. I am a little confused around when to try for the Dropbox process. What are your thoughts around me waiting until I get my i-797 and then applying for the Dropbox appointment vs try to make an appointment right away with the receipt number?
As far as i read from few experiences in this thread they give you 3months or around that time period to submit documents(dropbox). If you are sure you are going to get eligible for Dropbox you can wait till you get your i797. Or esle if you wanna book a slot you can go ahead and book it now with receipt number.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello @swan0206 ,
I have created login in "https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in" and completed the form by selecting Document Delivery Location as Toronto. Current Status showing as "Send Documents".
I'm not sure whether it is considered me as a PR/Canada Citizen, so I reached out Canada Yatri Support team to confirm about submitting Work permit VISA as a Proof of legal status in Canada and I got the response as "Any documents you have on your legal status in Canada " and asked me to submit original passport.

I am seeing clarification on below queries
  • I'm assuming "Send Documents" Status as dropbox process. If so, how come I have got the dropbox option
  • After submitting original passport and other supported documents. Will the US consulate gives me a appointment date (Dec'22) after verification.
  • Can I go ahead and submit original documents?
Hi,
There are no clear rules or criteria who gets dropbox option. They keep updating criteria whenever required making it comfortable for every resident of Canada i guess. If you have got option , no issues you can send your documents.
No, if you are asked to send documents there wont be any appointments given for now and you would get results within 4-6 weeks.
Unless they need extra-verifications they would call you for an interview otherwise you are good.
I believe you only submit passports and all others docs would be copies. Not originals.

rishupandit

Jun 4, 2022
I am residing in US on H1B and need to get stamping on the renewal. Considering delays in India, I am considering visiting Canada[on tourist visa] and getting my stamping done. Since DS160 needs the dropbox location stated ahead, what are the wait times for various Canada US Consulate locations right now?
Would I still do DropBox? I was originally eligible for dropbox if I were to go to India. Would that hold good for Canada also?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am residing in US on H1B and need to get stamping on the renewal. Considering delays in India, I am considering visiting Canada[on tourist visa] and getting my stamping done. Since DS160 needs the dropbox location stated ahead, what are the wait times for various Canada US Consulate locations right now?
Would I still do DropBox? I was originally eligible for dropbox if I were to go to India. Would that hold good for Canada also?
Dropbox option is only for people residing in Canada for now. However, the current dates for various consulates are anywhere in Nov 2022 and few in 2023. You can still pay the fee, book an appointment and keep checking regularly to see if you find any earlier dates.