+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b stamping appointment

tmani_85

Nov 7, 2021
I am currently working from Canada in a work permit. Recently my H1b extension was approved.I was previously working in H1b and completed 6 years.

Could you please let me know if I am eligible for Dropbox for H1b stamping in Toronto or should I go through the interview process. If I have to go through the interview process how long it will take ?

I also need to get H4 stamping.

H1B-visa

Apr 10, 2023
I am currently working from Canada in a work permit. Recently my H1b extension was approved.I was previously working in H1b and completed 6 years.

Could you please let me know if I am eligible for Dropbox for H1b stamping in Toronto or should I go through the interview process. If I have to go through the interview process how long it will take ?

I also need to get H4 stamping.
Hi, I am in the same boat, can you please tell me your status if you are eligible for Dropbox or had to go for interview?

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
no, I entered in my form India only, I think at the end there are 2 checkboxes, which one did you select?
If this is your first US visa, you might have selected the wrong options, its only eligible for people who had any US visa issued previously. You have not been 10 finger printed if you never had been to US before.

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
no, I entered in my form India only, I think at the end there are 2 checkboxes, which one did you select?
  1. They normally reside in Canada; and
  2. They are physically present in Canada; and
  3. Their visa and passport have not been lost, stolen, canceled, or revoked; and
  4. They fit into one of the following categories:
    • Renewals in the Same Category: They already have a U.S. visa that is valid or has expired within the last 48 months and wish to renew their visa of the same classification (e.g. a holder of a recently expired J visa may NOT renew and get a B1/B2 visa) or
    • F, M, or Academic J Visas: They are applying for an F, M, or Academic J visa and have previously been issued any type of visa; or
    • Individual Petition-Based H, O, P, and Q Visas: They are applying for an H-1, H-3, H-4, O, P, or Q visa and have previously been issued any type of visa. Applicants for L visas are not eligible for interview waiver under this category.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
If this is your first US visa, you might have selected the wrong options, its only eligible for people who had any US visa issued previously. You have not been 10 finger printed if you never had been to US before.
Would there be a check anywhere if someone had mistankenly selected wrong options? I think many people are mistakenly selecting wrong options and attending interviews , as far as the forum has considered no one has reported any issues at the Embassy!

H1B-visa

Apr 10, 2023
This is my extension, I had US visa previously stamped and finger print done in India.

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
Would there be a check anywhere if someone had mistankenly selected wrong options? I think many people are mistakenly selecting wrong options and attending interviews , as far as the forum has considered no one has reported any issues at the Embassy!
Well, you do send your passport, which should have atleast one US visa done earlier. It will be cheked once your file is opened, 1,3,4 are extremely easy to check just from your passport and your proof of residency which you are supposed to send in, not sure how #2 is verified, but USCIS and IRCC should have some of communication to check if you are still present in Canada.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Well, you do send your passport, which should have atleast one US visa done earlier. It will be cheked once your file is opened, 1,3,4 are extremely easy to check just from your passport and your proof of residency which you are supposed to send in, not sure how #2 is verified, but USCIS and IRCC should have some of communication to check if you are still present in Canada.
The scenario you explained is for dropbox/Send documents option. What if someone had incorrect details entered for one of the questions as NO and they are asked to attend interview. ? It doesn't much matter right coz they are already there for interview and evven if they cancel or ask them to go back and send docs it doesn't make any sense. thoughts?

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
Yeah, shouldnt matter, as many first timers for dropboxes on H1 will be called for an interview anyway, irrespective of their earlier visas.