+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B stamping and canada PR

psp.picasa

Oct 3, 2018
It will take couple of weeks in general for your tacker to be activated. They received our passports on 12th Dec and we got it back on 31st Dec.

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Hi All,

I need some guidance on below scenario.

My US - H1B just got approved and I have a valid I-797 until 2021 but I don’t have the H1B visa stamped and I have submitted PR Application in December 2019 which is in Progress (Biometrics Completed)

Does it affect my Canada PR Application.

Also do i need to inform IRCC regarding this ? When ?

My company is taking the date for stamping, hopefully stamping will be done before my PR will get approved.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi All,

I need some guidance on below scenario.

My US - H1B just got approved and I have a valid I-797 until 2021 but I don’t have the H1B visa stamped and I have submitted PR Application in December 2019 which is in Progress (Biometrics Completed)

Does it affect my Canada PR Application.

Also do i need to inform IRCC regarding this ? When ?

My company is taking the date for stamping, hopefully stamping will be done before my PR will get approved.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks
Those two are unrelated. Nothing needs to be done.

aperi

Mar 3, 2020
I have COPR (Canada visa stamped on my PP), I am in India and my H1b petition is approved. I have to appear for the interview in Visa consulate in India.
Having Canada visa stamped on pp have any impact ? It is my back up, knowing situation in the US, but what is the politically correct answer, if there is any question during iv?
Hi @Shony_2013 @Bina5 ,

Did you appear for your H1B interview ? did they ask you regarding your COPR or did it cause any complications ?

I am in the same situation but currently in the US and planning to travel to India for my H1B stamping next week with the COPR on my passport, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi @Shony_2013 @Bina5 ,

Did you appear for your H1B interview ? did they ask you regarding your COPR or did it cause any complications ?

I am in the same situation but currently in the US and planning to travel to India for my H1B stamping next week with the COPR on my passport, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Just answer any questions honestly. It is highly unlikely that they will ask.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi @Shony_2013 @Bina5 ,

canada visa is already stamped in the passport hence you need to tell whatever your situation is. if asked tell that you received the stamping and will do the landing in sometime. I dont know what else you are expecting. No one cares on what PR you hold. They have lot of people to work in US if you are leaving US. So dont think too much on it.

In border they used to ask me, why did you go(when i went for landing) and they used to ask multiple times initially when i moved to canada and started freshly commuting - Why i moved to canada. I used to tell that i moved because i received PR. Some officers even ask why you did not get your gc - and i used to tell that the waiting time is in decades...

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
canada visa is already stamped in the passport hence you need to tell whatever your situation is. if asked tell that you received the stamping and will do the landing in sometime. I dont know what else you are expecting. No one cares on what PR you hold. They have lot of people to work in US if you are leaving US. So dont think too much on it.

In border they used to ask me, why did you go(when i went for landing) and they used to ask multiple times initially when i moved to canada and started freshly commuting - Why i moved to canada. I used to tell that i moved because i received PR. Some officers even ask why you did not get your gc - and i used to tell that the waiting time is in decades...
I haven't yet attended the interview. but as per what i read and know, it should not make any difference