+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Petition Rejected

bluemen

Oct 26, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently in the US on F-1 visa.
I had a H1B petition rejection last year because my employer could not furnish enough documents for an RFE. I have never been on an H1B earlier. The issue here is that I never went for the visa interview/stamping. My question is what do I reply to the statutory question below:

2) Has <Name> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Hi All,

I had a H1B petition rejection last year because my employer could not furnish enough documents for an RFE. I have never been on an H1B earlier. The issue here is that I never went for the visa interview/stamping. My question is what do I reply to the statutory question below:

2) Has <Name> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:
adding to the answer above

answer for the questions should be in similiar way

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? YES
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? NO

bluemen

Oct 26, 2017
adding to the answer above

answer for the questions should be in similiar way

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? YES
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? NO

Is the petition rejection equivalent to visa refusal? It is a petition filed by the employer and at no stage I have gone for a visa. Also , even if the petition is approved, there is a choice of going for a visa or not. Moreover, when I inquired of the people who recently got h1b visa refusals, they get a form 221g which is different from what happens for petition rejections.

I have already submitted with answers as NO. Not sure what to do now! Should I add a LOE as a CSE?

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Is the petition rejection equivalent to visa refusal? It is a petition filed by the employer and at no stage I have gone for a visa. Also , even if the petition is approved, there is a choice of going for a visa or not. Moreover, when I inquired of the people who recently got h1b visa refusals, they get a form 221g which is different from what happens for petition rejections.

I have already submitted with answers as NO. Not sure what to do now! Should I add a LOE as a CSE?
Yes agree ! That anybody going to visa embassy for interview will get 221g form but youre petition for Visa was refused which again falls into the category of immigrant visa.You could end up with misrepresentation from other related forums thread like given below.They definitely will do background checks as both the countries share such details.

I really cannot comment whether they will take into account or so,you should add LOE with CSE or call them up and let them know to be on safe side so you can cover later if they come back with a question or so.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-regarding-schedule-a-background-declaration-imm5669e.191367/

check the answer by the user-xyca2015

Hi i am on the same situation..i mis interpreted one of the questions. I phoned cic call center and they said i could send an amended form.i just sent it via case specific inquiry..hows is situation now.thank u

Last edited:

clguy

Apr 7, 2017

You submitted the correct answer.

akashsg

Sep 7, 2018
New Jersey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Hi I am in same boat. What should I answer I am confused here. Any inputs will be helpful.

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018

What is your status, Did you submit additional detail for this? SO CIC has access to H1b denial detail

Anshujha012

Jan 23, 2019

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
So, i got my H1 denied after RFE in 2017. I did not mention anywhere in the application. I got my application approved recently. So, i think we need not worry much about H1 denials.

ultron

Apr 30, 2018
Hi guys,

Can I keep my H1B if i quit my USA job and start working in Canada for a Canadian employer?