+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B holder, now working US, looking for Canada PR, what the process?

ablealias

Oct 27, 2018
Dear Mates,
Maybe sure repeated question, but please consider.

I'm a System Analyst, right now working for a US company in Ohio, US with H1B visa. I have 12+ years of experience in the IT industry. I'm looking for Canada PR, I want to know the process to follow.

Since I have H1B visa and working in US, any advantage in Canada PR process?
I expect this forum is useful to clear my questions.

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Mates,
Maybe sure repeated question, but please consider.

I'm a System Analyst, right now working for a US company in Ohio, US with H1B visa. I have 12+ years of experience in the IT industry. I'm looking for Canada PR, I want to know the process to follow.

Since I have H1B visa and working in US, any advantage in Canada PR process?
I expect this forum is useful to clear my questions.

Thanks in advance!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Zero advantage.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
No advantage for H1b holders in any way. If you have master degree, that helps big time. If that makes or breaks for you.

With 12+ experience, I'm pretty sure you must nearing 35.. without a master degree it'd impossible to qualify for the PR as you won't have sufficient points to get invitation.

There are PNP options, but god knows when they open and what occupations get called for.

Check sticky threads in express entry section of this forum to get A to Z of how this all works.

ablealias

Oct 27, 2018
No advantage for H1b holders in any way. If you have master degree, that helps big time. If that makes or breaks for you.

With 12+ experience, I'm pretty sure you must nearing 35.. without a master degree it'd impossible to qualify for the PR as you won't have sufficient points to get invitation.

There are PNP options, but god knows when they open and what occupations get called for.

Check sticky threads in express entry section of this forum to get A to Z of how this all works.
Yes, I have Master Degree in Computer Science (MCA) and 12+ years of experience in IT. Yes, I'm 38 yrs. How many points require to qualify the express entry? Any minimum age restrictions for express entry?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Yes, I have Master Degree in Computer Science (MCA) and 12+ years of experience in IT. Yes, I'm 38 yrs. How many points require to qualify the express entry? Any minimum age restrictions for express entry?
Your questions are too open ended and requires lengthy answers.. why not look up the threads that I suggested.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
There is an official CRS score calculator. Use that assuming a score in IELTS and see how much you get.
Even if the score is less, PNP is an option. Ontario is a good option as they don't need jobs or ties in Ontario. In the past, they used to invite anyone to apply with score above 400. This is not true anymore, the minimum score is determined by the director or something like that.

Besides, in 2017, Ontario even invited folks with scores like 320 for ICT but that lasted just for a week. So get the ball rolling.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
If you have MCA from India, lot of times its evaluated as 2 year bachelor and not masters. If that happens, you will have 2 or more bachelor level degrees and not master. Do run CRS calculator for both scenarios and ensure you have sufficient points to qualify for express entry. Getting qualified might be very difficult for you considering your age but don't completely rule it out until you verify it yourself.