+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox Question for Canadian PR

harrypow1234

Jun 4, 2022
Hi,

I am applying to get my H1B renewed. I had it done the first time in India 2 years ago. I am a Canadian PR.

I was just filling out the details to schedule an appointment. I have a couple of questions.

1) I qualified for dropbox and I see after paying the fees, a page called "Register To Send Documents". My question is do I need to take an appointment on that page or can I send it any time? I do not want to end up paying the $190 fees and finding out there are dates available only 6 months later. Just want to make sure. I am applying in BC btw in Vancouver.

2) I currently reside in the US and I have some relatives in BC, Canada. Is it possible to mail all the documents directly to the US consulate in Vancouver from the US or send the docs to my relatives and they can forward it to the consulate and then I can put their courier address to receive them? I am just trying to find out if I can get all this done without leaving the US. I'm not being lazy or anything; I'm just curious if thats an option someone has taken before.

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I am applying to get my H1B renewed. I had it done the first time in India 2 years ago. I am a Canadian PR.

I was just filling out the details to schedule an appointment. I have a couple of questions.

1) I qualified for dropbox and I see after paying the fees, a page called "Register To Send Documents". My question is do I need to take an appointment on that page or can I send it any time? I do not want to end up paying the $190 fees and finding out there are dates available only 6 months later. Just want to make sure. I am applying in BC btw in Vancouver. You can send docs anytime for dropbox after paying fees.

2) I currently reside in the US and I have some relatives in BC, Canada. Is it possible to mail all the documents directly to the US consulate in Vancouver from the US or send the docs to my relatives and they can forward it to the consulate and then I can put their courier address to receive them? I am just trying to find out if I can get all this done without leaving the US. I'm not being lazy or anything; I'm just curious if thats an option someone has taken before.
This is not possible or recommended.