+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
Hello all,

I am a Canadian PR and was qualified for dropbox to get my H1b stamping. I submitted my passport at Ottawa embassy and am still waiting for any update from them.

My timeline:
Passport sent : 16 May 2022
Passport delivered : 18 May 2022 (according to Canada Post tracking)
Application status : No status

Its so frustrating that they don't even acknowledge that they received documents. Is anyone else in the same boat? Can you please share current process times and your experiences.
The processing time at Toronto is 8 weeks.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
The processing time at Toronto is 8 weeks.
Yeah I was told the same for Ottawa today. Initially they mentioned 4-6 weeks but eventually said that it can even take 8 weeks. But the problem is even for that they don’t say with too much confidence.

jkdf

May 27, 2022
Yeah I was told the same for Ottawa today. Initially they mentioned 4-6 weeks but eventually said that it can even take 8 weeks. But the problem is even for that they don’t say with too much confidence.
i just wish they could provide a detailed/definite status update or timeline like the other offices

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
i just wish they could provide a detailed/definite status update or timeline like the other offices
I know right. Like tell in first week that they received the papers — then tell that it will take 4 weeks or 6 weeks firm and we can relax until that day without being restless on daily basis

Reactions: paneka penalty

jkdf

May 27, 2022
I know right. Like tell in first week that they received the papers — then tell that it will take 4 weeks or 6 weeks firm and we can relax until that day without being restless on daily basis
other offices who are also operating on limited services are organized :( maybe im just frustrated

Lilu1234

Jun 10, 2022
Hi Neha! Where did you find this information? I sent in my passport/application to the Toronto consulate. I’ve been application received since the first week of May and I’ve heard nothing since!

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Hi Neha! Where did you find this information? I sent in my passport/application to the Toronto consulate. I’ve been application received since the first week of May and I’ve heard nothing since!
When you email or call the helpline number. They don’t provide any details other than a learned and practiced dialogue of “we can’t provide any information, every case is different and upto consular office on how long it takes to process. Current timeline is 4-6 weeks”. And you will get the same response no matter how many times you try reaching out.

Reactions: Lilu1234

stscorcher

Jun 9, 2022
other offices who are also operating on limited services are organized :( maybe im just frustrated
its more along the lines of being helpless.. expecting an update on the status of our application is more like screaming into a void!!

waiting for visa to get stamped is one (and not having passport for more than 6 weeks!!), reasoning with the employer on not being able to be in office, on not being next to family who are in the states... this combination of events is too stressful

Reactions: jkdf

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
its more along the lines of being helpless.. expecting an update on the status of our application is more like screaming into a void!!

waiting for visa to get stamped is one (and not having passport for more than 6 weeks!!), reasoning with the employer on not being able to be in office, on not being next to family who are in the states... this combination of events is too stressful
I completely agree!!
Constant checking of status and every time seeing no change is turning toxic for everyone here. Cant they just keep a proper timeline so we are prepared before. How can some people get it in 2 weeks and other with same profile and same consulate take 6 weeks? And why do people who are going for interview rather than dropbox get the entire process done in 1 week? Its like being penalized for having a Canada status. The whole thing is one of the most unorganized thing.

Reactions: Lilu1234 and jkdf

Lilu1234

Jun 10, 2022
It’s been awful! We all applied with the expectation that we will know something at the end of 6weeks (maximum) and I think there just needs to be a standard of care and respect for such sensitive matters. We expect to at least get some information when we reach out in regards to our passports. It’s insane!

• Sad
Reactions: jkdf and neha.ss

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I just called the help desk and they say it could take an additional 2 weeks to hear from the embassy after my status. All they do is give gloomy news smh. Now I'm really stressed about my travel dates

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
I just called the help desk and they say it could take an additional 2 weeks to hear from the embassy after my status. All they do is give gloomy news smh. Now I'm really stressed about my travel dates
That is such incompetence on their part. How does it take them 2 weeks to reach out to you after your refused status? Like they should know immediately on why they refused and should reach out right away. Why will they leave someone hanging ima stress or refused status?
I think helpdesk has no clue and is just sitting there to get amused by everyone’s helplessness.

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
That is such incompetence on their part. How does it take them 2 weeks to reach out to you after your refused status? Like they should know immediately on why they refused and should reach out right away. Why will they leave someone hanging ima stress or refused status?
I think helpdesk has no clue and is just sitting there to get amused by everyone’s helplessness.
Exactly! It is extremely ridiculous. Like they don't tell you anything at all. I thought there was no way that I would head into the weekend with no update but here we are. Refused could literally mean anything. Just mental torture, this is.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Exactly! It is extremely ridiculous. Like they don't tell you anything at all. I thought there was no way that I would head into the weekend with no update but here we are. Refused could literally mean anything. Just mental torture, this is.
Every Monday I think that I will know something by Friday, but nothing changed last 4 weeks. Here we are at end of another week. When is your travel?