+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Its almost 10 days that you received that right? I cannot believe how slow the process is.
It was no status for 23 days and it is been 4days since it changed to app received. Keeping people's passports for this long is unbelievable

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
It was no status for 23 days and it is been 4days since it changed to app received. Keeping people's passports for this long is unbelievable
Maybe this week things move fast as it’s a full working week for embassy after last two weeks of Monday off. In my case I am still hoping that they didn’t loose passport. :oops:

krishnan3119

Jun 1, 2022
Friends,

When sending documents for my H1B visa and dependent H4 visa using dropbox, Can i send both H1B and H4 visa documents together or do i need to mail them separately.

krishnan3119

Jun 1, 2022
I do have one more question:

Currently i am on a work permit. Working from Canada.
To qualify for dropbox, Do we need to answer "yes" to the below set of questions, When registering on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca ?
I called the customer care and they said, We are eligible for dropbox, On a work permit as well.
Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
  • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
  • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
  • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
  • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form
But, Below question is contrary to what we were told by the customer care. I am on a work permit. So, confused whether i should answer yes to this question and proceed with registration.
"Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying."

OR Can i answer No to these questions and still be eligible for dropbox?

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Friends,

When sending documents for my H1B visa and dependent H4 visa using dropbox, Can i send both H1B and H4 visa documents together or do i need to mail them separately.
I do have one more question:

Currently i am on a work permit. Working from Canada.
To qualify for dropbox, Do we need to answer "yes" to the below set of questions, When registering on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca ?
I called the customer care and they said, We are eligible for dropbox, On a work permit as well.
Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
  • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
  • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
  • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
  • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form
But, Below question is contrary to what we were told by the customer care. I am on a work permit. So, confused whether i should answer yes to this question and proceed with registration.
"Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying."

OR Can i answer No to these questions and still be eligible for dropbox?
You can reply yes to that question and submit work permit as you are residing in Canada. They are considering work permit as proof.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Friends,

Better send it together(even though they will hold issuing visa of H4 till H1 is adjudicated) but to make things easier for them, mail it together with H1 on the first in the bunch.

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
It was no status for 23 days and it is been 4days since it changed to app received. Keeping with people's passports for this long is unbelievable
Maybe this week things move fast as it’s a full working week for embassy after last two weeks of Monday off. In my case I am still hoping that they didn’t loose passport. :oops:
I really hope your status changes to received this week. Almost a month without an update cannot become the standard smh

• Sad
Reactions: neha.ss

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
My case was updated this morning but the status is still application received.
That’s the new nonsense this embassy have now. Lot of people are seeing no updates currently but case updated.
Mine didn’t change at all still.