+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B dropbox In India

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All,

I have few queries for drobox in India:

1. I am Canadian PR and currently living in Windsor and doing work from home. Sometimes, commute USA once in a week or once in a month with AVR in order to maintain H1B status. My last stamping was in India in 2019 so my question is can I eligible for drobox ??

2. While filing DS-160, what address I have to mention either Canadian or any local usa address? Is there any section in DS-160 where I have to mention that I am Canadian PR.

3. My current scenario is that my current h1b is valid till 29 Aug 2022 and my company will file my extension on first week of March. My question is that what dates are coming in new I-797 means from 30 Aug 2022 onwards or they will overlapping dates means current approval date to 3 years? Because after my approval let say it is approved for 3 years then my new H1B stamping in India is valid till 29 Aug 2022 or will it valid till further 3 years?

4. Is there any risk for H1B stamping in India being Canadian PR??

Anyone please help me out with my queries. Thanks in advance.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All,

1. I am Canadian PR and currently living in Windsor and doing work from home. Sometimes, commute USA once in a week or once in a month with AVR in order to maintain H1B status. My last stamping was in India in 2019 so my question is can I eligible for drobox ??

2. While filing DS-160, what address I have to mention either Canadian or any local usa address? Is there any section in DS-160 where I have to mention that I am Canadian PR.

3. My current scenario is that my current h1b is valid till 29 Aug 2022 and my company will file my extension on first week of March. My question is that what dates are coming in new I-797 means from 30 Aug 2022 onwards or they will overlapping dates means current approval date to 3 years? Because after my approval let say it is approved for 3 years then my new H1B stamping in India is valid till 29 Aug 2022 or will it valid till further 3 years?

Anyone please help me out with above queries.

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Have you tried getting an appointment in Canada itself? I dont think there is any "drop box can only be availed in location X if last visa is in location X" rule anymore.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All,

Any comments on above points pls

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
No idea why you are paranoid about having Canadian PR but US Consulate will not reject your visa cause you have some country's PR.
1. Yes anyone who had any visa stamped before is eligible for Drop Box. When you finally get to applying the visa on the site, it will guide you towards drop box eligibility via a questionnaire.
2. There is a local address where you put your Canadian/US address and there is a mailing address where you put your Indian address (if applying in India)
3. You will only get Visa stamped for the duration mentioned on the I 797 you submit for THIS visa. Which means if you want the extended time frame you MUST have the renewed I797. If you apply with older one, you will get approval till 29 Aug 2022. So that is simple.
4. None.

The risk is you are already too late, there are no Drop Box appointments available until October 2022 and they may release new slots soon. Have you tried applying in Canada? If no why not? So activate your profile, pay up the money and start searching for dates.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
No idea why you are paranoid about having Canadian PR but US Consulate will not reject your visa cause you have some country's PR.
1. Yes anyone who had any visa stamped before is eligible for Drop Box. When you finally get to applying the visa on the site, it will guide you towards drop box eligibility via a questionnaire.
2. There is a local address where you put your Canadian/US address and there is a mailing address where you put your Indian address (if applying in India)
3. You will only get Visa stamped for the duration mentioned on the I 797 you submit for THIS visa. Which means if you want the extended time frame you MUST have the renewed I797. If you apply with older one, you will get approval till 29 Aug 2022. So that is simple.
4. None.

The risk is you are already too late, there are no Drop Box appointments available until October 2022 and they may release new slots soon. Have you tried applying in Canada? If no why not? So activate your profile, pay up the money and start searching for dates.
Thanks bro for ur answers. Actually my father is surgery in april first week and if i will do dropbox in canada it will take between 4 to 6 weeks and I don’t have timw to wait till. That’s why choose India at this moment. Bro one more question what I-797 number i can put in ds-160 current one which is valid till 29 August 2022 or new approved one which is starting from 29 August 2022 to 29 August 2025. I m confused because if i put current I-797 then may be i will get visa till my current petition which is valid till 29 august 2022 only. Because if i put new approved petition then the new one will start from 29 august 2022.
Else i have to give photocopies of both I-797.
pls help me out with this query.

Last edited:

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Sorry about your dad. You only use the latest I797 for visas, not older ones. So if you have the new one in hand, use its number everywhere. Carry the old one + new one with you for drop box. You visa appointment date has nothing to do with the dates of your old and new I797. When they pull up your profile, they will know your H1B status has been extended already and they will give you visa starting from the date of issue all the way to 29 Aug 2025.

On the question of choices, yes you are looking for India cause Canada takes more time BUT this logic is only valid when you can get an appointment in India right? There are no appointment slots available till Oct. So I was asking about Canada since I don't know if they have a drop box you can avail of earlier and can avail that instead. I also have to travel to India late April and there are no slots available for Drop Box. Chances are you wont get this appointment before or in time for this surgery, in which case you may have to evaluate if you HAVE to go at that time or you may go and then you may have to get stuck in India for an extended period of time. Its tough.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Sorry about your dad. You only use the latest I797 for visas, not older ones. So if you have the new one in hand, use its number everywhere. Carry the old one + new one with you for drop box. You visa appointment date has nothing to do with the dates of your old and new I797. When they pull up your profile, they will know your H1B status has been extended already and they will give you visa starting from the date of issue all the way to 29 Aug 2025.

On the question of choices, yes you are looking for India cause Canada takes more time BUT this logic is only valid when you can get an appointment in India right? There are no appointment slots available till Oct. So I was asking about Canada since I don't know if they have a drop box you can avail of earlier and can avail that instead. I also have to travel to India late April and there are no slots available for Drop Box. Chances are you wont get this appointment before or in time for this surgery, in which case you may have to evaluate if you HAVE to go at that time or you may go and then you may have to get stuck in India for an extended period of time. Its tough.
Thanks for ur reply again.Yes i know there is no slots available that’s why hire some agent in india to look up dates. All of my friends got dates only through agent in India in march/april.if u don’t mind can u share ur details on my email address canadapr1982@gmail.com so that i can talk with u on phone.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for ur reply again.Yes i know there is no slots available that’s why hire some agent in india to look up dates. All of my friends got dates only through agent in India in march/april.if u don’t mind can u share ur details on my email address canadapr1982@gmail.com so that i can talk with u on phone.
I have few more questions regarding DS-160 since I am Canadian PR and planning to dropbox in India. Below questions in DS-160 little bit confuse me:

1. Have you made specific travel plans?
Intended date of Arrival and Intended length of stay in U.S. (days/month/years) Since I am Canadian PR and daily commute from Windsor to Detroit since in this case what I put in Intended date of Arrival and Intended length of stay in U.S. ??

2. Have you travelled to any countries/regions within the last five years with yes and no option?
In this case I can put Canada since I am Canadian PR and leaving in Canada only. Correct??

3. Monthly Income in Local Currency ?
Monthly income is change every month so in this case what amount I can put in this point?

4. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United states citizenship and immigration services?
Since I have approved I-140 can I put yes in this case?

Please answers my above questions so that I can complete my DS-160.Thanks in advance.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
I have few more questions regarding DS-160 since I am Canadian PR and planning to dropbox in India. Below questions in DS-160 little bit confuse me:

1. Have you made specific travel plans?
Intended date of Arrival and Intended length of stay in U.S. (days/month/years) Since I am Canadian PR and daily commute from Windsor to Detroit since in this case what I put in Intended date of Arrival and Intended length of stay in U.S. ??

2. Have you travelled to any countries/regions within the last five years with yes and no option?
In this case I can put Canada since I am Canadian PR and leaving in Canada only. Correct??

3. Monthly Income in Local Currency ?
Monthly income is change every month so in this case what amount I can put in this point?

4. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United states citizenship and immigration services?
Since I have approved I-140 can I put yes in this case?

Please answers my above questions so that I can complete my DS-160.Thanks in advance.
Any input please.

kkkanna

Feb 28, 2022
Friends, in my case, we are on PR and had a previous B1 stamping from Toronto. Based on the DS-160 submission, the consulate asked us to share H1B stamping documents via dropbox. However, after three days, they returned everything saying we needed to appear for a personal interview and asked us to make an appointment. Unfortunately, the first available appointment is in July 2023, and since then, I have been trying to look for the earliest date, and no luck yet.

What suggestions do you guys have for me?

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Any input please.
1. You can put the date "after" the dropbox appointment when you expect to arrive in the US. The date is about where you apply for visa and AFTER getting it there, when do you first plan to reach America. It can be a rough date.
2. Canada and US
3. Its okay to put your average monthly income
4.Approved 1-140, then YES

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Friends, in my case, we are on PR and had a previous B1 stamping from Toronto. Based on the DS-160 submission, the consulate asked us to share H1B stamping documents via dropbox. However, after three days, they returned everything saying we needed to appear for a personal interview and asked us to make an appointment. Unfortunately, the first available appointment is in July 2023, and since then, I have been trying to look for the earliest date, and no luck yet.

What suggestions do you guys have for me?
Whats your current location? Living in Canada and applied to the Canadian US consulate?