+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Approved But Can't Get US Visa Appointment in Canada. Hiring Manager Wants To Reopen Position.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR and waiting for my Canadian citizenship Oath. I have a job offer in the US which filed the H1B petition for me and it was approved. I needed to have started working but could not get a visa appointment in Canada. My boss had told me that he will be reopening my position if I can't join by January. Because of this, I have even considered going to other countries (Carribeans or even Europe) to attend my visa interview, but the current rise in Covid cases is a deterrent.

Please can anyone advise me on how to deal with this situation?

Thanks!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR and waiting for my Canadian citizenship Oath. I have a job offer in the US which filed the H1B petition for me and it was approved. I needed to have started working but could not get a visa appointment in Canada. My boss had told me that he will be reopening my position if I can't join by January. Because of this, I have even considered going to other countries (Carribeans or even Europe) to attend my visa interview, but the current rise in Covid cases is a deterrent.

Please can anyone advise me on how to deal with this situation?

Thanks!
Unfortunately we cant expedite citizenship application.
You can only try expediting the appointment at US consulate. Did you try?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Unfortunately we cant expedite citizenship application.
You can only try expediting the appointment at US consulate. Did you try?
Thanks for reaching out.
I am considering expediting the US visa appointment. The challenge I have is that the Immigration office of my company had already said that they wouldn't be providing any letter to ask for an emergency visa appointment. Hence, I am not sure how else to prove my case when I try expediting the appointment.
Can I do that without the company's support? Please any ideas?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for reaching out.
I am considering expediting the US visa appointment. The challenge I have is that the Immigration office of my company had already said that they wouldn't be providing any letter to ask for an emergency visa appointment. Hence, I am not sure how else to prove my case when I try expediting the appointment.
Can I do that without the company's support? Please any ideas?
Yes you can. but it would have less merit/considerate. But no other choice.

I expedited my appointment for my dependents by myself without my company saying i am paying double the expenses(as i had planned to move to US before pandemic but ended up paying rental at both countries). So they approved it. Also some people said that they are separated from family hence they approved for some and denied for some as well.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Yes you can. but it would have less merit/considerate. But no other choice.

I expedited my appointment for my dependents by myself without my company saying i am paying double the expenses(as i had planned to move to US before pandemic but ended up paying rental at both countries). So they approved it. Also some people said that they are separated from family hence they approved for some and denied for some as well.
You had a good reason to ask for expedited processing.

In my case, my family is here with me. I can't think of any "convincing" reason to ask for my appointment to be expedited. My only feasible option is to ask my boss but I doubt his willingness to help since the immigration office had said they wouldn't give a letter. Given that he plans to reopen the position, I really don't know the value he placed on me to even go the extra mile to give the letter.

This is crazily hurting me! I just don't know how to handle this.