+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

swintester

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/16/2009
Doc's Request.
11/15/2009
Nomination.....
11/26/2009
AOR Received.
07/06/2010
Med's Request
07/06/2010
Med's Done....
08/05/2010
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
06/15/2011
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

McLuvin said:
Thanks deveshjaitley !!!

I will probably get that rite away...

Did u apply for Indian PCC in NY Consulate??? Whats the procedure with it... I feel like copy the assigment notes from a hard working mate... who prepared it after working all nite :)

Thanks a ton buddy !!!

BR,
McLuvin

I got PCC from NY Indian consulate,
1.print the form from online and fill it
2.take copy of passport
3.go early to consulate before 9am
4.give you form and passport copy. Dont forget to take your passport along.
5.pay $20 only cash
6.take receipt and call them back after 3 weeks to check. I got call from them asking to collect the PCC

Have a nice day..

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

do we need to submit original passport??

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going for fingerprinting today, in CT and then will send it to FBI tomorrow... thats the first thing im doing since FBI is taking so long...

then need to get PCC from indian consulate from NY
and PCC from Africa....

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
There was no photo process for California PCC. I took photos at the Livescan office because they had immigration photo service and I was lazy to go anywhere else to take photos for CIC application (so the photos were for CIC application, not for California PCC. Sorry for the confusion).

What I did before going to Livescan office was to fill this form http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/forms/bcii_rr_8016.pdf. Then I took the form to Livescan office with my ID and payment. And the fingerprint technician at the office entered my info into the computer and took my fingerprints (this is electronic, so no ink!). The fee was $18 for fingerprint service and $32 for government fee (= total $50). I did this Livescan on 12/1/09 (about 4pm), and received the result from State of California Department of Justice by mail on 12/4/09 (postmarked on 12/2/09). The result was dated 12/1/09.

And the step 5 in "ELECTRONIC (Live Scan) SUBMISSIONS" (http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/visaimmigration.php) says "Once the submission is received and processed, the DOJ will mail the response via U.S. mail to you ONLY." So you can print this website and take it to Livescan office, so it will be easy for them to understand the process.

Here's the contact info of the Livescan office I went, so if you have any question during the process, you or your Livescan technician can call this office (the fingerprint technicians in this office may not be experts who know everything, but they definitely have more knowledge than I do):
AAA Livescan Fingerprinting West LA
1244 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 470-9233
thanks Jasper, that was great info.

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009

McLuvin said:
Thanks deveshjaitley !!!

I will probably get that rite away...

Did u apply for Indian PCC in NY Consulate??? Whats the procedure with it... I feel like copy the assigment notes from a hard working mate... who prepared it after working all nite :)

Thanks a ton buddy !!!

BR,
McLuvin
Yes, I went to NY Consulate. At entrance you'll get a Token # and u have to wait for your turn to submit papers. I waited for 45 mins for my turn. Take Original Passports, Photocopies of Passport + VISA + I-94 and Misc. Form with Photo.

smilyster

Apr 12, 2009
Hartford
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2009
Doc's Request.
10-12-2009
Nomination.....
01-12-2010
Received my Nomination today..
Ufff lots of work ahead

PCC India/PCC Australia/FBI/CT,WA,MD PCC

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
albsac said:
hi deveshjaitley

do we need to submit the original passport for PCC to Indian Consulate, NY ?
Yes. you will have option to pick it up in the eve (when ready) or get it mailed (you pay for it)

swintester

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/16/2009
Doc's Request.
11/15/2009
Nomination.....
11/26/2009
AOR Received.
07/06/2010
Med's Request
07/06/2010
Med's Done....
08/05/2010
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
06/15/2011
deveshjaitley said:
Yes. you will have option to pick it up in the eve (when ready) or get it mailed (you pay for it)
I only showed Original passport, we only submit copy of passport to them.

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
I agree. I want the CIC process to be as short as possible, so I'll send my application with FBI clearance.

Also, I found an interesting post in FSW category in this forum. The following post contains a timeline for FBI clearance:
Yes, even i would want to avoid complications of not submitting FBI report...then they asking for it/or returning my application or me sending it separately...its better send them all together.

arimoham

Jan 4, 2010
Hi,

Im planning to get started with PCC @ Indian consulate - NY before my nomination arrives. Can anyone pls calrify the following:

1) PCC @ Indian consulate - NY states that along with other documents there should be supporting documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C. - How far is this true? and in my case I'm planning to apply for PCC before my nomination. Is this possible?

2) What is the time line to get PCC @ Indian consulate - NY?

Thanks

arimoham

Jan 4, 2010
Is there anyone who applied for state police certificate @ Massachusetts? If so, can you please share your experience and the procedure in getting this certificate.

Thanks

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arimoham said:
Hi,

Im planning to get started with PCC @ Indian consulate - NY before my nomination arrives. Can anyone pls calrify the following:

1) PCC @ Indian consulate - NY states that along with other documents there should be supporting documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C. - How far is this true? and in my case I'm planning to apply for PCC before my nomination. Is this possible?

2) What is the time line to get PCC @ Indian consulate - NY?

Thanks
1) I applied at SFO India consulate: Just mention on the cover letter(if u are sending via mail) else if u visit them they will ask you the purpose - they mention on the PCC ...." person X is o.k for visa for Canada immigration" . They will not ask for any other documents relating to the purpose....the documents u need to send are Miscellaneous Form, personal performa(i think this applies to SFO consulate only), proof of residence(DL is enough but no harm attaching Utilities bill), passport copies + documents showing u r legal resident (visa etc) If u mention on cover letter that u want it for Canada immigration make sure you either underline it, bold or write in capital letters so that it is clearly visible.

2) Indian consulates have become quite fast...atleast SFO is...have heard many other people say that SFO is fast. I think i read some post where NY gave PCC in a week or two. If u have passport issued at NY consulate you will get it the same day.

You do not need a nomination to apply for India PCC... no one will ask you to give proof that u have a nomination!

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
hi all

I am residing in florida. so should I send my application to the indian embassy in Washington D.C only or can I send it to NY too.

Have any one of you applied for PCC Indian Embassy in Washington. Do you know how much time they usually take now a days? and do they have an expedited option

Thanks