+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother is 68 years, I am her elder daughter & have a young sister in Ireland but she doesn't keep in touch with anybody, my father expired 15 years ago, my mothers relatives are staying far off in different cities busy in their own lives, Right now my mother is alone by herself, her condition now is that she is depressed, alone, doesn't socialize with anybody, skips her food, as I don't qualify due to my income for applying either for supervisa or sponsorship, so I am choosing to apply for her under H&C (hardship), the help I need from this forum is if anybody in this group has applied for their parents under similar conditions can help me in filling out my form IMM5283 line 7-13
Being depressed because your family has moved is not a very good reason for H&C. You moved knowing that your mother would be alone and your income would put you in a low income category unable to support your mother. What happens if she gets ill. Will you quit your job? Then your family will have to go on welfare.

archanai44

Jan 13, 2016
Being depressed because your family has moved is not a very good reason for H&C. You moved knowing that your mother would be alone and your income would put you in a low income category unable to support your mother. What happens if she gets ill. Will you quit your job? Then your family will have to go on welfare.
See, its a human body, anything can happens any time, when I left, she was healthy & good going, she was aware of being alone, but when you see her after 2 years being ill, alone, depressed then obviously as a good children you want them to be with u. Well, when you land in this country, nobody right away lands up with good paying jobs but slowly your situation & income level changes, atleast I have the habit of keeping aside some amount for those bad days, please note that even though I am in Canada, I manage all my mothers expenses back home from the time I moved out. At this moment, I have her medical insurance coverage for al uncertainty. I have confidence on myself that I will never land my family on social welfare

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
See, its a human body, anything can happens any time, when I left, she was healthy & good going, she was aware of being alone, but when you see her after 2 years being ill, alone, depressed then obviously as a good children you want them to be with u. Well, when you land in this country, nobody right away lands up with good paying jobs but slowly your situation & income level changes, atleast I have the habit of keeping aside some amount for those bad days, please note that even though I am in Canada, I manage all my mothers expenses back home from the time I moved out. At this moment, I have her medical insurance coverage for al uncertainty. I have confidence on myself that I will never land my family on social welfare
Your mother’s regular medication will not be covered while you apply for H&C or while she is here on TRV. When her 3 months of medication runs out you will have to pay for medication out of pocket. Your mother's expenses will be higher in Canada than at home. Being lonely at home is not really an H&C reasons. Other parents likely feel the same way. H&C is also far from a guaranteed pathway to PR. There is a PGP program for a reason. Think you are in for a much larger challenge than you think.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What illnesses does she have that are afflicting her? Have you considered the risk of medical inadmissibility (H&C does not exclude medical inadmissibility).
Despite my personal views on people using H&C as a means to circumvent available programs, the option is available. Whether successful or not is dependent on IRCC and government policy.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Agree with everyone.

I really think you need to wrap your mind around the very possible scenario of your mother NEVER being able to be approved for a temporary visa ever again if you decide to go through with the H&C and she gets rejected (I also do not see any extenuating circumstances for her to be approved), which looks highly likely.

Good luck.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Agree with everyone.

I really think you need to wrap your mind around the very possible scenario of your mother NEVER being able to be approved for a temporary visa ever again if you decide to go through with the H&C and she gets rejected (I also do not see any extenuating circumstances for her to be approved), which looks highly likely.

Good luck.
This ^^^^.

An H&C application is pretty much a one-shot. Fail, and the visit visa is likely to be cancelled due to the obvious "intention to remain in Canada". There are no do-overs.