+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C on PGWP!!!

chahath

Jan 4, 2019
I am currently on PGWP and unfortunately diagnosed with cancer. My parents are protected person here in Canada with PR application in process. Any chance of H&C approval even though I am medically inadmissible?
UC browser SHAREit MX player

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's hard to say - you would probably be best off speaking with a good immigration lawyer. Generally speaking, H&C approval rates are low.

H&C applications are also taking 2-3 years to process these days.

Reactions: visatest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to clarify some things. How old are you? Are you married/common law? Are you part of your parents PR application? I'm also sorry to hear you have cancer.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
I am currently on PGWP and unfortunately diagnosed with cancer. My parents are protected person here in Canada with PR application in process. Any chance of H&C approval even though I am medically inadmissible?
UC browser SHAREit MX player
Just a thought but most Oncologists are pretty good people. Have your lawyer talk to him/her about H & C (you talk about it to him/her too before he/she talks to the lawyer). Tell them right up front what you want but be respectful and calm.
All the very best of luck with that Cancer; I'm sure you will be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just a thought but most Oncologists are pretty good people. Have your lawyer talk to him/her about H & C (you talk about it to him/her too before he/she talks to the lawyer). Tell them right up front what you want but be respectful and calm.
All the very best of luck with that Cancer; I'm sure you will be fine.

The bigger issue is the inability to pass a medical and that H&C would take years with no coverage. Not sure how long he has left on PGWP and whether they were working and qualified for provincial healthcare. Oncologists tend to be sympathetic but they won't lie about the treatment you will need. In general they can only approximate since every patient is different and reacts differently.

Reactions: visatest