+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day!

With regards to sponsoring spouse and dependent children under family class. I have a questions, as follows

-If you are under Employment Insurance are you eligible to sponsor?

-not receiving social assistance from the government, what are the examples?

Thank you very much.
Yes you would qualify if you are receiving EI if you can prove that you have the funds to support your family without extra government assistance. EI is not a lot of money so it is unlikely to be able to support your whole family. Do you have extra savings? It would be much better for your application for to return back to full-time work as soon as possible.

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
Yes, I do have savings but not that much. How much do you think approximately I can show? I'm sponsoring spouse and 3 dependent children.

Wha about social assistance? What are the examples of that?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I do have savings but not that much. How much do you think approximately I can show? I'm sponsoring spouse and 3 dependent children.

Thank you.
Any form of welfare. There is no exact amount but would focus on returning to work and building up your savings. It would be best if you could save 5-10k minimum. Are all your children under 22? When going for supporting 1 person to 5 people in Canada the expenses increase dramatically.

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
I'm not so sure if you call it a welfare. I'm plan member of under Alberta Blue Cross- non group which one of my prescription was subsidized by a support service company. So they pay my monthly premium to Alberta Blue Cross. Do you consider that as a welfare?

Thanks!

Reactions: Latin40

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm not so sure if you call it a welfare. I'm plan member of under Alberta Blue Cross- non group which one of my prescription was subsidized by a support service company. So they pay my monthly premium to Alberta Blue Cross. Do you consider that as a welfare?

Thanks!
Don’t believe so but not familiar with the program and how it is implemented (whether it is through the welfare office). Assume you qualify because you are are low income. If you qualify because of your low income I would expect that there may be concern that your income may be too low to support such a large family so I would encourage you to work multiple jobs, if needed, to gain as much income as possible until your sponsorship application has been approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thank you.
Any form of welfare or social assistance from the government to pay your bills, buy food etc. Reading your questions, you can only sponsor one dependant. Your application will be refused if you include your Independant children over 22. Blue Cross is not welfare.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any form of welfare or social assistance from the government to pay your bills, buy food etc. Reading your questions, you can only sponsor one dependant. Your application will be refused if you include your Independant children over 22. Blue Cross is not welfare.
There are some programs that provide things like rental assistance, prescription assistance, etc. to low income earners that aren’t on welfare but can’t afford some of the basics due to their low income versus the cost of living. Agree that the program is unlikely to qualify as government support but any form of low income aid programs, like this benefit aid program, is likely to create concerns about whether a person can afford to support more people. Some of these programs are managed through the same offices as welfare. It also is different in every province. If it is only your spouse and one child that you can sponsor it will be easier to show that you can support 2 extra people. Would include the plan for your spouse to start working as soon as possible. Does he have a job lined up when he arrives in Canada’s. Some are lucky enough to have secured a job offer through people you have met in Canada. What are his skills and previous education/work history in his home country and how will that help him get a job in Canada? If the child you are sponsoring is a teenager you can show how she/he may be able to get a job to help with his/her expenses like a cell phone, some clothing, etc.

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
Hi Good day!

I sent my application for family sponsorship last September 2020.and waiting for my approval. Currently, my doctor diagnosed me for a stage 4 breast cancer which I'm receiving EI sickness benefits in the future. I have questions as follows:

1.) Is there any way I can request for a speedy process because I need to have my family support at this time? If so, how will I do it?

2.) Or I can request for a emergency visa/tourist visa that anyone of my family member can come to take care of me?

2.) There are some non-profit organization for breast cancer patient will give financial support like Haying in the 30's, Is this consider as social assistance?

Thank you,
Marly

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Good day!

I sent my application for family sponsorship last September 2020.and waiting for my approval. Currently, my doctor diagnosed me for a stage 4 breast cancer which I'm receiving EI sickness benefits in the future. I have questions as follows:

1.) Is there any way I can request for a speedy process because I need to have my family support at this time? If so, how will I do it?

2.) Or I can request for a emergency visa/tourist visa that anyone of my family member can come to take care of me?

2.) There are some non-profit organization for breast cancer patient will give financial support like Haying in the 30's, Is this consider as social assistance?

Thank you,
Marly
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You can apply for a visitor visa for your family under humanitarian and compassionate grounds. It is referred to PHAC. Processing is quite fast. No there is no faster processing for family sponsorship. You will need to update IRCC about your change in circumstances if you are sponsoring your spouse and child if you are no longer working and will either be on disability or welfare depending on what you qualify for.

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
Good day!

I have a pending application of Family Sponsorhip for almost a year now. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed fro Stage 4 breast cancer 4 months ago and currently I'm on my Chemotherapy. I had claim 15 weeks EI and can no longer continue as doctor advised not to go back to work so no definite date yet. I'm trying to find any benefits which I don't have any insurances just to sustain my monthly needs. My questions is that I am planning to apply AiSH from.the government. Is AISH consider as welfare/ social assistance? Which is one of the requirement for family sponsorship not to receive any welfare or social assistance. If so, anything that I can apply which is not a welfare?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day!

I have a pending application of Family Sponsorhip for almost a year now. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed fro Stage 4 breast cancer 4 months ago and currently I'm on my Chemotherapy. I had claim 15 weeks EI and can no longer continue as doctor advised not to go back to work so no definite date yet. I'm trying to find any benefits which I don't have any insurances just to sustain my monthly needs. My questions is that I am planning to apply AiSH from.the government. Is AISH consider as welfare/ social assistance? Which is one of the requirement for family sponsorship not to receive any welfare or social assistance. If so, anything that I can apply which is not a welfare?

Thank you.
AISH is classified as welfare / social assistance. However if you are receiving welfare / social assistance for disability reasons and under a disability program, then this does not disqualify you from sponsoring. I am not 100% sure however I believe AISH is classified as a disability social assistance program and so you would be fine to take this money while sponsoring.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day!

Thank you.
Have you updated your application after your initial diagnosis in April? That is a requirement. It is much better to be upfront versus having IRCC find out that your circumstances have changed. As already specified disability payments doesn’t mean automatic refusal. You must show how you can support your family while on disability. Is your husband working? That would be important to add to your application. If he has a job lined up in Canada or has a plan as to how he will get a job as soon as possible when he arrives in Canada that would also be important to add to your application.