+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Application Chances

khajunn89

Jul 18, 2017
Malaysia
Hi,

Me and my wife is a PR in Ontario and I have a windowed father in law which my wife is the only child. He is 70 yrs old and is taking care of my kids in canada with supervisa. Can I know what are the chances like if we apply through Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds as Sponsorship for parents has becoming a lottery.

Thank you for your reply.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personal view is would be very unlikely to succeed given the circumstances described are probably common amongst most applicants waiting in the parents lottery so you would need to question why everyone does not go this route.

Nothing to stop you applying though if you are willing speculate with paying the fee but you would need to read through in detail all of the guidance on how such cases are reviewed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/hc/processing/index.asp

Be wary of implying in any application that the father in law is providing anything that could be considered as child care services under a visitor/super visa as a reason given strange as it might seem that might be considered work by some immigration officials..

Last edited: