+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C any help

Sami’s

Mar 9, 2019
I just receive this email

Your application remains in queue to be reviewed by an Immigration Officer who will decide whether or not to grant your request for exemption(s) from certain legislative requirements to allow processing of your application for permanent residence from within Canada. While a decision has not yet been taken on your request for exemption(s), we are writing today to request that you submit documentation and undergo screening related to your admissibility requirements (and those of your dependent family members). Admissibility relates to medical, criminality, security, financial and identity assessments of each potential immigrant and their family members. When a decision is made on your request for exemption(s), you will be informed. If the decision is to grant the requested exemption(s), at that time IRCC will again request the documents and examinations listed below if they are not already submitted. At that time the missing submissions will be what is delaying the finalization of your application. By submitting these requested documents now, before an officer’s decision, you have the potential to speed up the finalization of your application and granting of permanent residence to you (and the family members included) should your request for an exemption(s) be approved.

What does that mean

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It means they haven’t started working on your claim but want you to complete the requested information. They are just try to improve processing times by getting required information in advance.

Lbariasp

Apr 6, 2020
Hello! When did you applied? I apply in the beginning of January 2019 and by the 7th we receive confirmation that they receive the documents. Is april 2020 we haven't received any updates just "application received"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! When did you applied? I apply in the beginning of January 2019 and by the 7th we receive confirmation that they receive the documents. Is april 2020 we haven't received any updates just "application received"
This is normal for H&C. It can take two years before you know if you have first stage approval. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.

Reactions: Lbariasp

Lbariasp

Apr 6, 2020
I've seen post of people that received answers In less that 6 months for the first stage. Any info how they got it that fast?. Also, any approval this year that you know of?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is normal for H&C. It can take two years before you know if you have first stage approval. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.
There doesn’t seem to be 2 stages anymore. Think they are trying to speed up the process if you don’t have the 2 stages.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've seen post of people that received answers In less that 6 months for the first stage. Any info how they got it that fast?. Also, any approval this year that you know of?
No more 2 stages and that must have been ages ago. They may have received AOR at 6 months.

Lbariasp

Apr 6, 2020
Really? How do you know that? I've been reading a lot about it. And all I found is this "
  • a humanitarian and compassionate assessment of the requested exemptions (Stage 1)
  • final decision on the permanent residence application (Stage 2 "
Taken from Gov website.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really? How do you know that? I've been reading a lot about it. And all I found is this "
  • a humanitarian and compassionate assessment of the requested exemptions (Stage 1)
  • final decision on the permanent residence application (Stage 2 "
Taken from Gov website.
We saw the change in the past 6 months. Purely anectodal based on conversations people had with people about their cases. We also saw medicals being done at different times. There have been quite a lot of changes in the past year to try to speed up processing or to unnecessary steps because this system is so overwhelmed.