+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guyzz help me out specially seniors

rohityuv

Oct 4, 2011
hello everyone,

i have completed my btech mechanical engineering with 58.67% and my ielts band score is 7..could u guyz suggest me the colleges in canada specially in british columbia where i can apply???can i get admission with this %..plzz help seniors

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Yes, your score seems fine and so does your IELTS score. You can apply based on this. By the way any reason for choosing BC?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohityuv said:
hello everyone,

i have completed my btech mechanical engineering with 58.67% and my ielts band score is 7..could u guyz suggest me the colleges in canada specially in british columbia where i can apply???can i get admission with this %..plzz help seniors
Hi,

Search here;

Universities in British Columbia - http://www.canadian-universities.net/Universities/British_Columbia.html

Try in University of Victoria (Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, known as the second best place to live in Canada)and take full advantage of a compulsory paid internship.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
What enfield said +

I only found two community colleges under SPP in BC

http://www.okanagan.bc.ca/site15.aspx
http://www.douglas.bc.ca/home.html

There are many more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_in_British_Columbia

But not all are worth going, especially private ones.

There are better Universities in BC, try what enfield suggested.

rohityuv

Oct 4, 2011
thanks enfield and royalsting..i was looking forward to hear from u 2..i have been following ur posts and replies for quite sometime now,u pplz are really very supportive...

@royal:eek:ne of my schoolmate my frnd lives in british columbia with his family..so he suggested me to come to bc ,study in bc so that i can stay with him..so i m giving my first preference to bc..

@enfield:for what course can i apply in UVIC?..i wanted to do mba but they said my %is 2 low for mba and i dont have gmat score as well...could u suggest me the course according to my previous studies ie btech mechanical engineering..plzz help

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

Search here;

Universities in British Columbia - http://www.canadian-universities.net/Universities/British_Columbia.html

Try in University of Victoria (Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, known as the second best place to live in Canada)and take full advantage of a compulsory paid internship.
How many months is the internship and how much can we expect for a month with internship?

rohityuv

Oct 4, 2011
so sorry guyzz...i want to get into a university not in college..i want to do masters..now could u suggest me the universities according to my %..

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohityuv said:
thanks enfield and royalsting..i was looking forward to hear from u 2..i have been following ur posts and replies for quite sometime now,u pplz are really very supportive...

@ royal:eek:ne of my schoolmate my frnd lives in british columbia with his family..so he suggested me to come to bc ,study in bc so that i can stay with him..so i m giving my first preference to bc..

@ enfield:for what course can i apply in UVIC?..i wanted to do mba but they said my %is 2 low for mba and i dont have gmat score as well...could u suggest me the course according to my previous studies ie btech mechanical engineering..plzz help
Hi,

I can talk more about Universities (under General category), now Uvic MBA (Peter B. Gustavson School of Business) is accepting applications for MBA. And I think you can apply with higher second class, provided you score 580+ in GMAT (or possible 600+). Otherwise you can try in ‘Vancouver Island University’ in BC. It’s an 18 months MBA (with 4 months of paid internship). They are offering MBA without any requirement of GMAT and work experience. It’s an average business school but quite popular with international students. And its MBA program qualifies for a 3 year PGWP.

You can cover up your low percentage with

1. an impressive CV,
2. SOP (Statement of Purpose) *It’s a must to submit 2 page SOP,
3. Two/three reference letter from your professor/work supervisor.
4. And ofcourse, a good GMAT score in all sections (including the writing one)

• I think you have chances in Uvic provided you score 600+ GMAT. I am also going for MBA, if you need further help, stay in touch.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonysilas said:
How many months is the internship and how much can we expect for a month with internship?
Hi,

Internship (co-op) is a must for each and every student. I am not sure about other department/programs, but in MBA you have an option to take two 4 months paid internship with around CAD 2,500 (average salary). And I believe the real time Canadian work experience is the most important factor for getting a full time job offer post your graduation.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
rohityuv said:
so sorry guyzz...i want to get into a university not in college..i want to do masters..now could u suggest me the universities according to my %..
Check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Canada

Good ones from among them are for UBC, UV and SFU.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohityuv said:
enfield: have u given the gmat??..if yes what was ur score...
Hi,

580 (only one attempt) + One telephonic interview with the admission official (of around 45 minutes) + One 4 page SOP + One CV + 3 letter of recommendation (two from Professor, one from my organization).