+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guys help me regarding my status

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
I have applied for my Canadian study permit on 29may and under the review of eligibility it shows your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. By shows bg check is in process. Is that normal? I applied under sds online

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I have applied for my Canadian study permit on 29may and under the review of eligibility it shows your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. By shows bg check is in process. Is that normal? I applied under sds online
First off it's your study visa not permit
And it's the usual process

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Su

Submitted my biometrics yesterday and didn't receive my biometrics acknowledgment. Also does that mean they have opened my file?
Biometrics can take everything from a day to a week or more before it is marked as passed after submission. Yes, this means that they are working on your file. But, each step in the application takes time, so just be patient. Even tho they might be working on this step now, as soon as it passes this step, your file will most likely just sit there until its time for the next step in the application.

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Biometrics can take everything from a day to a week or more before it is marked as passed after submission. Yes, this means that they are working on your file. But, each step in the application takes time, so just be patient. Even tho they might be working on this step now, as soon as it passes this step, your file will most likely just sit there until its time for the next step in the application.
Thanks bro. I was worried as some people got their biometrics acknowledgement the next day after submitting the biometrics

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks bro. I was worried as some people got their biometrics acknowledgement the next day after submitting the biometrics
Don't worry about it. I got mine passed the next day, but I know of many that had to wait almost 2 weeks until it was passed. Besides, biometrics is nothing that you can fail at anyway.

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Don't worry about it. I got mine passed the next day, but I know of many that had to wait almost 2 weeks until it was passed. Besides, biometrics is nothing that you can fail at anyway.
Thank you. But in the side box it shows the date I have taken biometrics and it's validity. Hope I get my biometrics acknowledgment and decision soon

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
It's call study permit. Please check on cic brother
A Student Visa or TRV is a document that allows you only to enter/re-enter Canada as long as it's valid.
A Study Permit, on the other hand, is a document that permits you to study and stay in Canada legally as a student as long as it's valid. Generally, it's issued at POE and stapled on your passport when you first enter Canada with your TRV and enrollment letter.

Tarandeep1995

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I have applied my student visa on 17 may 2019 under sds online in delhi vfs. I have received student acknowledgement letter after 14 days.
On 5 june my medical was updated as passed and on 6 june my review was started and its still under review for last 8-9 days. I want to know how much time it will take for approval??

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
I have applied my student visa on 17 may 2019 under sds online in delhi vfs. I have received student acknowledgement letter after 14 days.
On 5 june my medical was updated as passed and on 6 june my review was started and its still under review for last 8-9 days. I want to know how much time it will take for approval??
You can find current processing times on the CIC website. Just google CIC processing times