+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gujarati People FSW PR status with NOC... Share Here...

Neo0506

Jun 5, 2013
Hi All,

I have following three doubts in the document submission. One of them is specific to Gujarat University. So posting it in Gujju forum. If you have any clue please suggest.

1. Education document: The CIC website mentions that for all the degrees obtained till now, degree/provisional certificate and the transcripts (in university sealed cover) should be submitted. Now, I have a degree from L. D. College of Eng. (Gujarat University). Gujarat University official said they do not issue transcripts. They just issue 'Education Verification' documents. So, did any of you faced same situation. What can we submitted then? Will only the degree certificate and photocopies of semester-wise report card do? Can the transcripts issued by college (and not the university) be submitted? Or 'Education Verification' document should be submitted in place of transcripts?

2. Employment documents: One of the immigration consultant suggested that I submit Salary slip/certificate and visiting cards of supervisor along with other documents (duty letter, appointment, relieving etc). I don't have salary slips and visiting cards. So, is it fine to miss them from the cover or it is mandatory?

3. Notarization: Do I need to get all the photocopies notarized from an advocate? I understand that notarization is must for any translated documents but is it compulsory even for photocopies of an 'English' document like degree certificate?

Thanks,
Neo

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
1. Education document: The CIC website mentions that for all the degrees obtained till now, degree/provisional certificate and the transcripts (in university sealed cover) should be submitted. Now, I have a degree from L. D. College of Eng. (Gujarat University). Gujarat University official said they do not issue transcripts. They just issue 'Education Verification' documents. So, did any of you faced same situation. What can we submitted then? Will only the degree certificate and photocopies of semester-wise report card do? Can the transcripts issued by college (and not the university) be submitted? Or 'Education Verification' document should be submitted in place of transcripts? - NO, You need to submit Transcripts....check from College

2. Employment documents: One of the immigration consultant suggested that I submit Salary slip/certificate and visiting cards of supervisor along with other documents (duty letter, appointment, relieving etc). I don't have salary slips and visiting cards. So, is it fine to miss them from the cover or it is mandatory? NO, only Experience letter with detail of job role, salary is enough......Pay slips, visiting cards are not required

3. Notarization: Do I need to get all the photocopies notarized from an advocate? I understand that notarization is must for any translated documents but is it compulsory even for photocopies of an 'English' document like degree certificate? - Only Copies is enough, Notarization is required only for non-english documents which needs to be translated in english and notarized

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Neo0506 said:
Hi All,

I have following three doubts in the document submission. One of them is specific to Gujarat University. So posting it in Gujju forum. If you have any clue please suggest.

1. Education document: The CIC website mentions that for all the degrees obtained till now, degree/provisional certificate and the transcripts (in university sealed cover) should be submitted. Now, I have a degree from L. D. College of Eng. (Gujarat University). Gujarat University official said they do not issue transcripts. They just issue 'Education Verification' documents. So, did any of you faced same situation. What can we submitted then? Will only the degree certificate and photocopies of semester-wise report card do? Can the transcripts issued by college (and not the university) be submitted? Or 'Education Verification' document should be submitted in place of transcripts?

2. Employment documents: One of the immigration consultant suggested that I submit Salary slip/certificate and visiting cards of supervisor along with other documents (duty letter, appointment, relieving etc). I don't have salary slips and visiting cards. So, is it fine to miss them from the cover or it is mandatory?

3. Notarization: Do I need to get all the photocopies notarized from an advocate? I understand that notarization is must for any translated documents but is it compulsory even for photocopies of an 'English' document like degree certificate?

Thanks,
Neo
I think LD is giving transcript

see transcript is individual than other doc. first you need to apply for transcript (order @ 10 nos as you may need in future) than you include all this in WES packet with uni seal etc.

Neo0506

Jun 5, 2013
Thanks coolguy and Vats!!

Yes Vats you are right, LD issues transcripts.. but CIC needs the transcripts be issued from University.. So, not sure if LD (college) can replace Gujarat University here. Will the transcripts issued from college work for CIC packet (not the WES packet)?

Has anyone here has taken transcripts from Gujarat University?

Thanks,
Neo

pink_w

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/5/2013 <br> fees charged on:24/07/2013. <br>PER received: 2/08/2013
AOR Received.
05/09/2013
Med's Request
6/12/2013
Med's Done....
13/12/2013
Passport Req..
7/12/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/2014
Neo0506 said:
Thanks coolguy and Vats!!

Yes Vats you are right, LD issues transcripts.. but CIC needs the transcripts be issued from University.. So, not sure if LD (college) can replace Gujarat University here. Will the transcripts issued from college work for CIC packet (not the WES packet)?

Has anyone here has taken transcripts from Gujarat University?

Thanks,
Neo
no. gujarat uni is not issuing any transcript. its from college only.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Any one from our gujju group is in Edmonton ?

Please let me know.

Regards
Mayank

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
pink_w said:
no. gujarat uni is not issuing any transcript. its from college only.
University will issue degree certificate only. you can use the transcript you have form collage its fine. . . .

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Deal all

Again ..is there any one from our thread in edmonton ?

Please PM me..

Regards
Mayank

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Mayank Pandya,

--- Can u give information about Edmonton regarding house of rent, job, monthly expenses and about weather too in September, october.

--- I have done M.com, M.phil as here in India i am college Lecturer and my husband is Warehouse Incharge in Shopping Mall.

--- What is minimum wages over there in Edmonton?

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
If you check my post then i also look for same information for edmonton.

pritishah1180 said:
Hello Mayank Pandya,

--- Can u give information about Edmonton regarding house of rent, job, monthly expenses and about weather too in September, october.

--- I have done M.com, M.phil as here in India i am college Lecturer and my husband is Warehouse Incharge in Shopping Mall.

--- What is minimum wages over there in Edmonton?

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Folks, I hear a lot of noise regarding Edmonton on this thread. It is a city with good people and bad weather. I am a frequent flyer to Edmonton and have seen all seasons around the year. Winters are damn harsh - it can go as bad as -39 with windchill reaching -45 Celsius. Summers are good but can become too hot at times as well, up to +36.

There are ample of jobs with two sectors dominating: Government and Oil/Gas. Other sector booming is construction. Cost of living is fairly similar to other cities except you want to buy a property right away. Rental costs are quite similar to Calgary or Vancouver. However, if you want to live in a lavish fully furnished high-end penthouse in downtown it may vary from city to city. Following are my inputs to all Edmonton aspirants:

Pros:
1. Good jobs if you are able to nail a position the industry you belong to.
2. Less expensive if you want to buy a property
3. Cheapest gas (petrol) in Canada
4. Small city - so communities/people are good

Cons:
1. Weather sucks
2. There is nothing much to do in the city
3. Driving conditions are nasty during winters
4. Not to great public transport system
5. Less availability of Indian products and groceries due to limited market
6. Low proximity to the US - applicable to people who have some connections in the US OR goes there regularly for shopping OR loves to travel a lot.

Weigh your options before making decision. If anyone of you is coming to Edmonton, feel free to PM me. I am there very frequently. We can catch up.

Hope it helps.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
manonquest said:
Thanks a lot POISON,

Currently I am manufacturing industry with core mechanical engineering degrees. By having discussions with senior people like you, I found it would be better scenario for me if i try myself for CALGARY / EDMONTON.

I lived in Sydney, Australia also, there job scenario was very worst. I was on student visa (during 2004-2006) but hard to find even a survival job. So i did not proceed further to apply for that country's PR. After passing nearly 7 years in INDIA i found my decision was correct as my co-partners are still struggling to find good job which can give good life. Although they have better situation then what we used to have.

I am bit worried also about it, as Canada also has tendency to give tough resist for cracking first job experience. My responsibilities are much more as I have wife and a very young child with moderate financial conditions. For Canada I feel only my earning will support my family, as i would not get much support from my back home low savings.

I would like to ask, How tough situation is for survival in Canada?? I know it depends on luck, effort and skills also... but being a very simple Gujarati person on age of 34, will it be possible for me to support a family in new country ??? I don't have any person known to me whole Canada. I expect a fairly simple, moderate and happy life from Canada after some years of hardship. Would it be possible ???

There was a very distant friend of mine who was living in Vancouver and apart from that I had no local contacts upon landing! So do not worry. Nobody is going to come and give you a job! You will have to fight to get what you want. Start researching on job market in Canada - particularly in the field that you are looking for. Do good homework before coming here.

All the best.

I am good with English, my qualification and skill relating it.

Thanks for your reply. I know repetitively encouraging newcomers and passing same information again and again, ask for high patience in attitude.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello POISION

which city u suggest to settle down? I am From India we are having PR, we are couple so should we land to Toronto, Calgary or other city.

We dont have any relative nor friends to guide us. we are not concerned with city, we need job, and adjustable weather

kvedv

Star Member
May 14, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the documents
pritishah1180 said:
Hello POISION

which city u suggest to settle down? I am From India we are having PR, we are couple so should we land to Toronto, Calgary or other city.

We dont have any relative nor friends to guide us. we are not concerned with city, we need job, and adjustable weather
Hi,
I am living in Toronto and never been to any other city which you have mentioned. In my opinion Toronto is a great place. The weather is good compare to Edmonton and you will not be having any difficulties finding Indian stuffs and People though i can not assure you about the job but keeping in mind, you are migrating to this country, in my opinion you should keep all the options open until you find a job in your desired area.

KvedV.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello KVEDV,

thanks for replying.......we are ready to do job of any type in starts......but is it possible that v have to remain without job for 1-3 months even we are ready to do any type of job? in Toronto which areas are good to settle down where v can find cheap rents and we can find Indians too. How will be weather when v will land in mid September?