+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance regarding FSW immigration

amitsharma23

Dec 28, 2011
Dear All,

I need your opinion regarding Canada immigration.Currently, I am working as an Lead consultant for UBS and having an experience of 7+ years.
My experience is mostly in NMS/OSS for telecom and banking domain. Also I am having certain certification like IBM Tivoli netcool deployment Professional, CCNA, ITIL etc.
I am located in Bangalore India and completed my bachelor of engineering in Electronics and telecommunication in 2006 + 6 months diploma in software engineering(completed in 2007).

Recently got married and wanted to settle down in canada for quality life, security and better future prospects. While doing my initial assessment, i found that i need 7 score in IELTS.

your skills in English and/or French, Canada's two official languages: Need to pass IELTS with score of 7 band
your education: 21 points
your work experience: 15 points
your age:12 points
whether you have arranged employment in Canada:0
your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here)

My wife is qualified HR manager with an experience of 4+ years.

Based on the feedback of some of the immigration consultants i decided to be the primary candidate. Now my questions are
1) Do i need to go through an immigration consultant as i referred few consultants and found the fees are quite high ( between $1000 to $2000). The difference is due to the fact, that the consultants with lesser fees files the case on your name without any agent registered with CIC. While the agents charging more claim to be registered CIC agents, so the file goes on there name(not sure how much is true).
While going through this blog and canada immigration website, they have clealy outlined every process in detail.
2)What are the chances of getting rejected if we file the case on my own considering that all my documents and other experience letters are geniune and no medical history or crime record.
3)The average processing time in india now.

Also wanted to highlight that most of immigration agents in INDIA are booked for fraud in consumer court. This is the reason i am in great dilemma to go ahead with consultants or save money for future which can be used after landing to my new dream home CANADA.

Regards,
Amit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

darshan27

Jun 18, 2014
If you think you understand all the instructions then please go ahead and do it yourself. I did the same thing. Agents are charging too much and majority of work has to be done by us. You are an educated guy, if you following whats in the checklist you can do it yourself. There is definitely lot of hard work but not impossible. Even if you dont work for 1 month and do all the documentations and not work. you would still be saving lot of money.

Tips:

Most time consuming process to IELTS(Which you have already passed) if your wife has not given, then book her exam as that will give you 5 points.

Another time consuming process is getting letter from WES for your qualification. While that is in process you can get your other stuff done.

Just start... All the best.

mightyash

Aug 29, 2014
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how to verify our Education and degrees by ECA..
what are these transcripts all about and how to get it ..like i have done my MBA from Amity Univeristy.
Plz help