+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance on extending Open Work Permit and filling out Form imm5710e

shbzkhan

May 23, 2019
Hi,

I'm on a Spousal Open Work Permit and my wife has a Study Permit. My passport is going to expire in August 2023 and I have applied for a new passport. This means my Open Work Permit also has an expiration date of August 2023. I need help with extending my Open Work Permit.

I started an application on the IRCC website and after answering the questions on the questionnaire, I'm getting the option to apply for a "Temporary Resident Visa" and an "Open Work Permit". I understand there is no dedicated option for "Extending work permit", is that correct?

I continued the application by clicking on "Open Work Permit". I filled out all the information and am now on the Documents Checklist page. I have a question about Form imm5710e. I'm not sure which answer to select for the following question?

3. I'm applying for one or more of the following:
- Apply for a work permit with the same employer
- Restore my status as a worker

Can someone here help me with this, please?

Also, when I'll attach my letter of explanation, do I have to mention anything about finances? Should I attach paystubs, employment letter, or bank account statement?

If there is anything else that I should write in my letter of explanation apart from the fact that my passport information has changed?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: chloe3178