+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance needed for jobs in the Field of Chemistry in Montreal........

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Hi there,

I have used some other forums frequently in past but not this one. Having experienced the active participation, expertise views and precise comments, I feel my self unlucky for not being the member of this marvelous and lively community.

I came to Canada as Quebec Skilled Worker (Chemist) in late 2013. Thanks to Almighty, I got a job in about 10 days after my landing to keep the circle going. During the brief time I have worked at two places. At one place I worked for 4 months and quit because I was thinking the new job is long lasting and comparatively well paying. But after 3 months in exact, we were lay off. Though the job was not relevant to my field but still helping me to pay my bills and meet my living expenses.

Currently, though I have an offer from my previous employer under certain conditions (little strict). But as I have worked for reasonable hours, I want to have your kind insight for following:

a- should I go for Employment Insurance and learn French language? Because in order to find a job in my field, I have visited in person quite a few industries and they ask for French proficiency. I believe that the assistance from EI and French language Support from MICC will be roughly equivalent to the wages I will earn from my employer.

b- I am about to sponsor my spouse and dependent children. So whether the option "a" above will impact my sponsorship application by any means?

c- Availing the opportunity, may I have any kind referral to find a job as Technician Chemistry in any pharmaceutical, food, plastic or chemical industry? I have been given subsidy letter from Emploi Quebec but I am not able to have any positive reply so far from any employer of my field. I am open to accept any entry level job in pharmaceutical or relevant industry. Worth mentioning, I have already posted my candidacy on job search engines like joboom, indeed.ca , workingincanada.gc.ca so on an so forth.

Thanking you much for reviewing my post and anticipating your expertise and comprehensive comment/opinion/remarks.

Best Regards

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chemistry technicians are among most demanded professions in Quebec, but a local certification is needed. Have you considered applying for AEC (attestation d'etudes collegiales) in analytical chemistry? There are short AEC programmes (between 9-15 months) - they are free and you will get loan+bursary from government for life expenses (about 700 CAD per month depending on your past income, number of dependants etc., out of which 220 CAD is loan normally and the rest is a bursary that you do not need to refund as loan). You will improve French at the same time with getting certification in your field and will save much time. also most AECs have an internship at the end of course and you will get work experience.

JMOBhatti said:
Hi there,

I have used some other forums frequently in past but not this one. Having experienced the active participation, expertise views and precise comments, I feel my self unlucky for not being the member of this marvelous and lively community.

I came to Canada as Quebec Skilled Worker (Chemist) in late 2013. Thanks to Almighty, I got a job in about 10 days after my landing to keep the circle going. During the brief time I have worked at two places. At one place I worked for 4 months and quit because I was thinking the new job is long lasting and comparatively well paying. But after 3 months in exact, we were lay off. Though the job was not relevant to my field but still helping me to pay my bills and meet my living expenses.

Currently, though I have an offer from my previous employer under certain conditions (little strict). But as I have worked for reasonable hours, I want to have your kind insight for following:

a- should I go for Employment Insurance and learn French language? Because in order to find a job in my field, I have visited in person quite a few industries and they ask for French proficiency. I believe that the assistance from EI and French language Support from MICC will be roughly equivalent to the wages I will earn from my employer.

b- I am about to sponsor my spouse and dependent children. So whether the option "a" above will impact my sponsorship application by any means?

c- Availing the opportunity, may I have any kind referral to find a job as Technician Chemistry in any pharmaceutical, food, plastic or chemical industry? I have been given subsidy letter from Emploi Quebec but I am not able to have any positive reply so far from any employer of my field. I am open to accept any entry level job in pharmaceutical or relevant industry. Worth mentioning, I have already posted my candidacy on job search engines like joboom, indeed.ca , workingincanada.gc.ca so on an so forth.

Thanking you much for reviewing my post and anticipating your expertise and comprehensive comment/opinion/remarks.

Best Regards