+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance for entering Canada

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi,

I received my passport stamping. Do I still need to apply for eTA?
What are the needed documents for entering Canada?

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
What does that mean passport stamping ? Did you mean u received you stamped passport? What visa type did you apply for ? The documents depends on the type of visa u applied.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Yes I receive my stamp passport..my visa is a study permit visa. Appreciate if you can clarify what will be next step after this. Thanks

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
If you have received a stamped passport then you are ready to go. You dont need eTA. You study permit will be granted at the port when you land in Canada with a duration depending on your degree tenure.
You need to take all documents you have submitted when you applied for study permit application.
Most importantly
Your Passport, LOI/POE letter, Medical sheet, Proof of funds documents etc etc

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
If you have received a stamped passport then you are ready to go. You dont need eTA. You study permit will be granted at the port when you land in Canada with a duration depending on your degree tenure.
You need to take all documents you have submitted when you applied for study permit application.
Most importantly
Your Passport, LOI/POE letter, Medical sheet, Proof of funds documents etc etc
Okay..thanks..proof of fund document meaning the papers that I have submitted during my application?

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi
Yes. Like bank statements or GIC documents.
Hi , i have another question..does international student need to apply for transit visa as well? Because my flight have transit from Vancouver to Toronto. I am currently still outside of Canada and I do not have a visitor visa.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Im sorry I have not idea about it.
Hi

Hi , i have another question..does international student need to apply for transit visa as well? Because my flight have transit from Vancouver to Toronto. I am currently still outside of Canada and I do not have a visitor visa.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi

Depends on layover duration but I don't think you need a transit visa for an airport inside Canada as you will go through the Immigration at Vancouver.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Depends on layover duration but I don't think you need a transit visa for an airport inside Canada as you will go through the Immigration at Vancouver.
yea..I have transit in Vancouver..my last destination is in Toronto. Have you encounter the same situation?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
yea..I have transit in Vancouver..my last destination is in Toronto. Have you encounter the same situation?
No but I'm sure you don't need a transit visa.