+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guangzhou VO

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
Hey is there anyone here who recently had their file transferred to the Guangzhou VO?

Our app was suppose to go to Paris VO, but recently I was informed it has gone to Guangzhou VO.

Are they faster in processing the apps?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Many apps heading to mainland. Some I didnt even know had offices. Whats your timeline. Mine is now in HK.

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
APP Received Sydney: April 23, 2020 (Tunisia Outland)
AOR: Dec 03, 2020
SA: Dec 02, 2020
BR: Dec 02, 2020
Bio completed: Dec 08, 2020
Bio passed: Dec 08, 2020
MR: Dec 03, 2020
Medical completed: Dec 14, 2020
Medical passed: Dec 18, 2020
Moved to Paris VO: Dec 03, 2020 (Moved to Guangzhou VO - recently)
AOR 2:
Pre-arrival letter:
DM:
PPR:
COPR:
Landed:

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Hi there,

Before your file was moved to Guangzhou, did you receive any communication from Paris like an AOR 2 or other? Was there an update on your file saying that it went to Paris?
Our file was supposedely moved to Paris as well, but we only know because it says that on the sponsorship approval letter that "...your application will be sent to Paris for processing....". There is no update on Ecas or GCKey.

Our timeline:
APP Received Sydney: June 10, 2020 (Tunisia Outland)
AOR: Dec 09, 2020
BR: Dec 31, 2020
SA: Jan 4, 2021
Bio completed: Jan 4, 2021
MR: Jan 5, 2021
We are schedule to complete medicals next week.

As for Guangzhou, I am sure it is a good thing for you because according to most forums, Paris is really slow!

Good luck

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
No there was no AOR 2 sent from Paris. The last communication we had was from Dec 3rd, that the file will be transferred there. Than beginning of Jan I noticed on the online tool, under the applicant it said "application received". At this point I assumed it was in Paris. But after reading some posts online about this, mostly everyone said their files went to China. Only way I knew the location of my file was to call IRCC and ask them for some updates. Which the agent told me it has gone to Guangzhou, China. Now I'm not really sure what this means but man this process is taking its sweet time......

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Thanks for the details... So basically the same for us except that Ecas has not changed to 'Application received' yet for the principal applicant. It still says 'in process'.
I agree it is indeed a very slow process... I hope you hear something soon from Guangzhou!

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
koxinel, if it doesnt show received then it hasnt gotten to vo of pa. When was it sent?

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
koxinel, if it doesnt show received then it hasnt gotten to vo of pa. When was it sent?
Hi,

The sponsorship approval letter is from Jan 5, 2021. It says that the file will be transferred to Paris (no other communication about VO other than the sponsorship letter). As per sartajsyed details above, it took them about one month for their status to change to 'application received' from the day of the sponsorship approval. If our timelines are any similar, ours should change to app received soon.

However there might be a difference in that we still haven't done the medicals, we are scheduled to do them next week which will be about 5-6 weeks after we received medical instructions. The delay is because of the x-ray/pregnancy issue, we were recommended to wait a bit longer and we agreed.

Do you think they are waiting for medical results before they send our app to Paris or other?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Mine went to HK. From SA to RECEIVED and AOR 2 was roughly 12 days. From RECEIVED to PROCESSING was 4 days roughly.

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Regarding medical they could be waiting results, so is yours in Paris or China?
I have heard nothing yet other than 'it will go to Paris' on the sponsorship letter. However I am suspecting it will go to Guangzhou instead because our details are pretty much the same as the person who opened this thread, including principal applicant country.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
You would be lucky if comes here in my opinion. Things in that VO and Mexico seem extremely slow.

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Mine went to HK. From SA to RECEIVED and AOR 2 was roughly 12 days. From RECEIVED to PROCESSING was 4 days roughly.
Hey
What was the status of your application on GCkey at the time Ecas changed to 'App received'? Was there a change on GCkey as well?
Thanks

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
No there was no AOR 2 sent from Paris. The last communication we had was from Dec 3rd, that the file will be transferred there. Than beginning of Jan I noticed on the online tool, under the applicant it said "application received". At this point I assumed it was in Paris. But after reading some posts online about this, mostly everyone said their files went to China. Only way I knew the location of my file was to call IRCC and ask them for some updates. Which the agent told me it has gone to Guangzhou, China. Now I'm not really sure what this means but man this process is taking its sweet time......
Was your application submitted in French or English? I wonder if they would still send it to Guangzhou if it is in French...