+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GTS LMIA processing time? -

snik_k

Jan 13, 2023
What is the usual processing time for GTS LMIA applications within Canada? I submitted my application on the 13th of December, but no update yet.

• GTS LMIA application was submitted on the 13th of December 2022.
  • No update till date

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is the usual processing time for GTS LMIA applications within Canada? I submitted my application on the 13th of December, but no update yet.

• GTS LMIA application was submitted on the 13th of December 2022.
  • No update till date
Can GTS LMIAs be submitted within Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean I am already in Canada. I don't know where this is applied from.
But you said you applied from within Canada. I didn’t think you could apply for a GTS LMIA within Canada because it is a program to attract foreign workers.

snik_k

Jan 13, 2023
But you said you applied from within Canada. I didn’t think you could apply for a GTS LMIA within Canada because it is a program to attract foreign workers.
I am already in canada on open work permit. My employer has applied for GTS LMIA to convert me to closed work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am already in canada on open work permit. My employer has applied for GTS LMIA to convert me to closed work permit.
So you are not eligible for fast processing as a GTS LMIA is if you apply outside Canada.

If you need an LMIA (LMIA-required)
If you need an LMIA, you could qualify for 2-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you’re applying from outside Canada
  • you have a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (this will be on the LMIA decision letter)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/global-skills-strategy.html

snik_k

Jan 13, 2023
So you are not eligible for fast processing as a GTS LMIA is if you apply outside Canada.

If you need an LMIA (LMIA-required)
If you need an LMIA, you could qualify for 2-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you’re applying from outside Canada
  • you have a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (this will be on the LMIA decision letter)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/global-skills-strategy.html
Thank you Naturgrl. This helps. Do you know how much time it takes for applicants who are in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgrl. This helps. Do you know how much time it takes for applicants who are in Canada?
Are you working for the employer now? If so that is an issue. The whole point of the GTS LMIA is to apply foreign workers who have no work authorization. Expect 5-6 months.

snik_k

Jan 13, 2023
Are you working for the employer now? If so that is an issue. The whole point of the GTS LMIA is to apply foreign workers who have no work authorization. Expect 5-6 months.
Yes, I am working for the employer on open work permit. Will it take 5 to 6 months for my case?