+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Group Five sponsorship denied for inadequate arrangements...

Brother P

Jun 11, 2018
Hello,

I have a question and need some explanation on how to proceed. There was an application summitted for someone under the "Group Five" Immigration process.

After a while we got a response from Canada Immigration which says this,

"…Regulation 154(1)(b) provides that an officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that the sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members. Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Regulation 154(1)(b).

I have reviewed the settlement plan and evidence in support of your application which you have provided. The settlement plan is not tailored and personalized to the needs of the particular refugee(s) and are generic statements. No specific details were provided regarding how your group has made adequate arrangements in the specific community of settlement in anticipation of the arrival of this particular refugee and family (if applicable).

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee(s) in the expected community of settlement. As a result, your sponsorship application is refused… "

Now, I am kind of lost on what to do next. Some guy says just show your bank account statement ( which is not going to be enough in my thought). Another guy told me that I have to put money in a trust fund, which he didn't specified the amount. The refugee was going to live with one of the sponsor in Toronto until he gets on his own. Could that be a valid response to give to the officer? What are the solutions for this roadblock? Help me folks!

Thanks for your efforts to help and greatly appreciated.

Brother P

PS Thirty days given by immigration to respond back satisfying the officers request or case will be closed.

Last edited:

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hello,

I have a question and need some explanation on how to proceed. There was an application summitted for someone under the "Group Five" Immigration process.

After a while we got a response from Canada Immigration which says this,

"…Regulation 154(1)(b) provides that an officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that the sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members. Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Regulation 154(1)(b).

I have reviewed the settlement plan and evidence in support of your application which you have provided. The settlement plan is not tailored and personalized to the needs of the particular refugee(s) and are generic statements. No specific details were provided regarding how your group has made adequate arrangements in the specific community of settlement in anticipation of the arrival of this particular refugee and family (if applicable).

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee(s) in the expected community of settlement. As a result, your sponsorship application is refused… "

Now, I am kind of lost on what to do next. Some guy says just show your bank account statement ( which is not going to be enough in my thought). Another guy told me that I have to put money in a trust fund, which he didn't specified the amount. The refugee was going to live with one of the sponsor in Toronto until he gets on his own. Could that be a valid response to give to the officer? What are the solutions for this roadblock? Help me folks!

Thanks for your efforts to help and greatly appreciated.

Brother P

PS Thirty days given by immigration to respond back satisfying the officers request or case will be closed.
Hi,

First, you need to reapply in this case. They don't accept the same application with supplemental information.

The forms are automated, which means you will be prompted to choose either in-kind donations and/or financial commitment. If your in-kind donation is below the required amount for the number of the people you are sponsoring under G5, then you will see a balance. You can open a regular savings account under your own name and tell the bank to put a note saying "the funds in this account is in trust for sponsorship of XXXX). Then you deposit the $ amount which shows as a short fall in your application, obtain a letter from the bank that you have the money in that account. Then you submit the entire application again in its entirety.

Do you mind to answer the following questions, so I can see the timeline?

1. When did you submit the initial application ?
2. When did you receive the first and second letters of acknowledgement ?
3. When did you receive the final decision?
4. Did you submit by mail or email?

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even if the plan is for the refugee to stay in someone's house until he gets on his feet you are required to have the funds to support the refugee in an independent situation if want to live elsewhere and to support them even if they find employment. This doesn't seem to be a formal sponsorship. Perhaps friends or family are being sponsored. There have been problems when sponsored families arrive and are not provided any financial support or even worse they have paid someone to be sponsored which is illegal. Then they end up using food banks, on welfare and living in homeless shelters. CIC is trying to make sure there is a concrete plan and money allocated for sponsored individuals or families

Brother P

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Xbero,

Thank you for your response sorry I was not able to respond right away. I am truly appreciative for taking your time to help. The person who is being sponsored is only one guy.

Let me give you some response to your questions
Application was summited around mid-March.
  1. We didn't receive acknowledgment letter at all.
  2. The final decision was e-mailed in May.
  3. The application was summited by mail.

I also want to ask you how much will it cost me to make the application prepared by a professional and resubmitted in Toronto. And if you know people who you recommend might be great. Does it necessarily have to be a lawyer to do such work?

Brother P

Jun 11, 2018

Hi canuck78,

Thank you for your response and how much fund is required for one person? We have one bedroom for him and is pretty much going to live with us until he is able and wants to move on and start independently.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi canuck78,

Thank you for your response and how much fund is required for one person? We have one bedroom for him and is pretty much going to live with us until he is able and wants to move on and start independently.
It's all in the instruction guide. Recommend you spend time looking at the instruction guide not just for the finances - but for the other factors that contributed to the refusal. For a single person, you want to show at least $16,500. Of course more is better.

Reactions: zardoz

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hello Xbero,

Thank you for your response sorry I was not able to respond right away. I am truly appreciative for taking your time to help. The person who is being sponsored is only one guy.

Let me give you some response to your questions
Application was summited around mid-March.
  1. We didn't receive acknowledgment letter at all.
  2. The final decision was e-mailed in May.
  3. The application was summited by mail.

I also want to ask you how much will it cost me to make the application prepared by a professional and resubmitted in Toronto. And if you know people who you recommend might be great. Does it necessarily have to be a lawyer to do such work?
Hi,

If you read the guide, you can prepare it yourself and save your $2,500 that you would have to pay to a consultant or a lawyer who will just instruct you til fill in the forms and provide the supporting documents.

1. Starting June 1, 2018, you now have to obtain and submit criminal background check for each of the 5 sponsors
2. The new forms automatically calculates how much you need to have in funds to sponsor one person when you fill the rest of the form indicating your in-kind donations.
3. In the settlement plan, you have to explain the responsibilities of each of the 5 members of the group (e.g. who provides accommodation, transportation, translation, orientation to the community, registration to government health and benefit plans, helps finding a job). This is how the officer knows that the 5 people will look after the sponsored person.

If you are ok to spend the $2,500 on average, then you can hire an Immigration Consultant or lawyer to guide you. There is a lot of them in Toronto. Based on the country that the refugee lives, pick your lawyer/consultant who is familiar with that country.

Did you submit the application March 2018 and receive your final decision in May 2018? That is 2 months turnaround time very quick for final decision.

Are you sure it is not an acknowledgment letter saying that your application is not complete because of this reason and it is being returned ?

Jananisaac

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I have the same situation of the person above happened 2 weeks ago, without any acknowledgment letter the sponsorship was rejected. My question is if I appeal on the immigration decision will help? And is there any way I can request them to return the application to since it’s hard to gather all papers again.

Thank you,

gnc10

Apr 25, 2019
you deposit the $ amount which shows as a short fall in your application, obtain a letter from the bank that you have the money in that account. Then you submit the entire application again in its entirety.

Abdi987

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
This email refers to your sponsorship application submitted for the above mentioned person.

Based on the undertaking and settlement plan provided, you have indicated that shelter will be provided by farah and have made a deduction for an in-kind shelter donation of $7,000.

This individual is not a party to the sponsorship and has not signed the undertaking and has no legal obligation to provide the indicated shelter. As this represents such a large portion of the funds that are required for your sponsorship, I have concerns that should the in-kind shelter not be available, you would be unable to provide adequate support for the refugee(s) you are sponsoring.

I am also have a that problem i applied group five.if that person sign the undertaking can it be the solution

smyaniron

Mar 11, 2021
Hi,

If you read the guide, you can prepare it yourself and save your $2,500 that you would have to pay to a consultant or a lawyer who will just instruct you til fill in the forms and provide the supporting documents.

1. Starting June 1, 2018, you now have to obtain and submit criminal background check for each of the 5 sponsors
2. The new forms automatically calculates how much you need to have in funds to sponsor one person when you fill the rest of the form indicating your in-kind donations.
3. In the settlement plan, you have to explain the responsibilities of each of the 5 members of the group (e.g. who provides accommodation, transportation, translation, orientation to the community, registration to government health and benefit plans, helps finding a job). This is how the officer knows that the 5 people will look after the sponsored person ome tv bazoocam dirtyroulette.

If you are ok to spend the $2,500 on average, then you can hire an Immigration Consultant or lawyer to guide you. There is a lot of them in Toronto. Based on the country that the refugee lives, pick your lawyer/consultant who is familiar with that country.

Did you submit the application March 2018 and receive your final decision in May 2018? That is 2 months turnaround time very quick for final decision.

Are you sure it is not an acknowledgment letter saying that your application is not complete because of this reason and it is being returned ?
you store the $ sum which shows as a deficit in your application, acquire a letter from the bank that you have the cash in that account. At that point you present the whole application again completely.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
you store the $ sum which shows as a deficit in your application, acquire a letter from the bank that you have the cash in that account. At that point you present the whole application again completely.
You're responding to a post from 3 years ago.

Smoothini Geelle

Feb 15, 2021
This email refers to your sponsorship application submitted for the above mentioned person.

Based on the undertaking and settlement plan provided, you have indicated that shelter will be provided by farah and have made a deduction for an in-kind shelter donation of $7,000.

This individual is not a party to the sponsorship and has not signed the undertaking and has no legal obligation to provide the indicated shelter. As this represents such a large portion of the funds that are required for your sponsorship, I have concerns that should the in-kind shelter not be available, you would be unable to provide adequate support for the refugee(s) you are sponsoring.

I am also have a that problem i applied group five.if that person sign the undertaking can it be the solution
Hi Abdi I have the same situation but I applied it again so, what you applied for and where ?

Hi Abdi... Exactly I have the same situation here... I am G5 applicant.... but I corrected it and submit a new one again... so, where are you applied from.... Are you Somali ?

Abdi987

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hi Abdi I have the same situation but I applied it again so, what you applied for and where ?
Hi Abdi... Exactly I have the same situation here... I am G5 applicant.... but I corrected it and submit a new one again... so, where are you applied from.... Are you Somali ?
Yes am somali . I got reject that one . I applied again already got a approval