upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
January 10, 2015 - YAY!!!!
Hi all,

I am a recent landed PR and I am interested in starting a restaurant in Ontario. Does anyone have advice or where to apply for grants and loans - specifically geared to new immigrant?

Thanks!

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
RWoods said:
Hi all,

I am a recent landed PR and I am interested in starting a restaurant in Ontario. Does anyone have advice or where to apply for grants and loans - specifically geared to new immigrant?

Thanks!
Speak to someone at your local library, they would be able to point you in the right direction. In the Vancouver Public Library their is a section for both new immigrants and starting a business, both are helpful. Ontario libraries may have similar sections

Ray

RWoods

Dec 9, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 16, 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF - September 10, 2014
File Transfer...
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
January 10, 2015 - YAY!!!!
Thanks Ray,

I appreciate your advice. I will for sure check out the library!!

tejalm82

Sep 30, 2014
Hi Rwoods,

Did u manage to get any info on grants and loans to new immigrant from library? Or Please advice if you managed to get from other sources...
Thanks

niraw

Apr 27, 2017
hi RWoods,you can check CIBC. if you have 20% down payment for the specified business you want them to finance you, you will be able to have a loan really quick. that's what we were told. they have a welcome to canada scheme for new investors. We bought a restaurant in southern alberta with our own funds, but we are still on visitor's visa, so struggling settling paperworks etc. but if you have a PR here should not be any issue!