+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Govt of Province of Alberta - Public Trustee Account

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have received $501.24 from Government of Alberta's Public Trustee Account as a compensation for my son as he met an accident. How do I declare this in my Tax filing? Unfortunately I don't have any of the documents or receipts except the soft copy of the cheque which I have uploaded in my Bank Account through the Mobile App.

Is it okay to take that cheque's printout and attach with mt other T4 Forms?

Thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Guys,

I have received $501.24 from Government of Alberta's Public Trustee Account as a compensation for my son as he met an accident. How do I declare this in my Tax filing? Unfortunately I don't have any of the documents or receipts except the soft copy of the cheque which I have uploaded in my Bank Account through the Mobile App.

Is it okay to take that cheque's printout and attach with mt other T4 Forms?
Thanks
Some payments are not taxed. See attached link
Specifically the following ;

“compensation received from a province or territory if you were a victim of a criminal act or a motor vehicle accident.”

If it was taxable , it would be declared on the line for other income not declared on a T slip

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/amounts-that-taxed.html

Reactions: jithucan123

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Some payments are not taxed. See attached link
Specifically the following ;

“compensation received from a province or territory if you were a victim of a criminal act or a motor vehicle accident.”

If it was taxable , it would be declared on the line for other income not declared on a T slip

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/amounts-that-taxed.html
Thanks a lot. I am not going to report this in my Tax Returns