+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOTTEN THE WORST SERVICE

Amelia7887554

Dec 8, 2017
I am. Student studying in Canada from Africa and as expected ticket prices are over 2500 . Started my applications for student permit in July . My study permit took four months . My visa has taken over a month . I am due to travel in two days and all the web forms I have filled have not been acknowledged let alone read .All my calls are never picked up as well they only hang up after a while . This is very frustrating as I have two days left and I don’t understand what I have done to receive such treatment in this country . I might now have to cancel all my flights since I can’t afford to reschedule them as I had to save for the flights anyway . This is frankly my worst visa application experience.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am. Student studying in Canada from Africa and as expected ticket prices are over 2500 . Started my applications for student permit in July . My study permit took four months . My visa has taken over a month . I am due to travel in two days and all the web forms I have filled have not been acknowledged let alone read .All my calls are never picked up as well they only hang up after a while . This is very frustrating as I have two days left and I don’t understand what I have done to receive such treatment in this country . I might now have to cancel all my flights since I can’t afford to reschedule them as I had to save for the flights anyway . This is frankly my worst visa application experience.
That is the risk that you took by purchasing a ticket before having your approved documents in hand. Not Canada's fault.

Amelia7887554

Dec 8, 2017
That is the risk that you took by purchasing a ticket before having your approved documents in hand. Not Canada's fault.
Started my applications over 7months ago. Sorry for expecting them to keep their processing times as it says 30 days on the site not half a year

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Sorry for expecting them to keep their processing times as it says 30 days on the site not half a year
It's not a perfect system (humans involved). Processing time are NOT guaranteed. From the IRCC website (click on the little "?" next to the processing times):

Processing times
Processing times will vary based on:

• Type of application submitted;
  • Volume of applications received;
  • How easily we can verify information;
  • How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
  • Whether the application is complete.
Many more people want to immigrate to Canada than the Government of Canada can bring in each year under our annual immigration plan. Applications received after the maximum has been met may have to wait longer to be processed.

Learn more about how Citizenship and Immigration Canada calculates processing times.

Did you send an inquiry on your application?