+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got WP visa . What's next ?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I got my work permit visa and got it stamped on passport. I received a correspondence letter in my CIC account.

Do I need to take a print out of this document ? What are all the things / documents required now to be produced at Customs / in Canada for any future requirements ?

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
Hi may i know your timeline?
Yes u need to print it out

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
2 months. Applied online. What are all the other documents we require post this ? I had been told that we will be getting Letter of Invitation. Is that for PR and correspondence letter for WP ?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I got my work permit visa and got it stamped on passport. I received a correspondence letter in my CIC account.

Do I need to take a print out of this document ? What are all the things / documents required now to be produced at Customs / in Canada for any future requirements ?
Hi, could you help me out regarding my own application?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Everything available online very clearly. You just need to follow the instructions to get your required docs.

Can someone help on my query ?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Everything available online very clearly. You just need to follow the instructions to get your required docs.

Can someone help on my query ?
Actually it is not clear.

I am applying for a work permit based on the LMIA my future employer received.

Im confused about the visa status for my wife and infant daughter.

For both of them I have selected the reason of coming to Canada as “Visit - All other types”. The problem is under my daughter’s section they are asking for her TRV application. How can she fill it up when shes 2 years old?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
From my limited knowledge, if you on WP, you will be automatically qualified for TRV. And for your spouse and daughter, they will come as dependents under you. You can either apply for TRV for both of them or Closed/Open work permit for your spouse and TRV for your daughter.

I think experts can clarify this. But everything is very clear once you understand the process. So maybe, try to gather more information.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
From my limited knowledge, if you on WP, you will be automatically qualified for TRV. And for your spouse and daughter, they will come as dependents under you. You can either apply for TRV for both of them or Closed/Open work permit for your spouse and TRV for your daughter.

I think experts can clarify this. But everything is very clear once you understand the process. So maybe, try to gather more information.
Thanks for the input.

But how do i fill the application for a 2 year old? TRV form is to be filled by everyone 18 yrs or older.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
First, do the eligibility criteria. Have you done that ? You will be very clear. You need to fill the Family Information form. You can also get help from experts here and also from VFS if you are from India.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
First, do the eligibility criteria. Have you done that ? You will be very clear. You need to fill the Family Information form. You can also get help from experts here and also from VFS if you are from India.
Yes i have done that. I have also receievd the copy of LMIA as well as my permanent job offer and employment contract from my future employer in Canada.

Only confused about the visa type and duration of wife and child.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
In that Eligibiliy criteria itself, you will be asked "Whether any family member accompany you or not ?" and If you click yes to proceed, you will get all the required