+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got work permit and SIN without Brown ID

Noman Sain

Sep 16, 2023
HI
PLEASE HELP ME I WAS REFUGEE CLAIM IN TORONTO AIRPORT AND THE CBSA OFFICER NOT GIVE ME BROWN ID CAN I APPLY WORK PERMIT I HAVE ALSO UCI & APPLICATION NUMBER AND ALSO I SUBMIT MY PORTAL MY SELF AND I HAVE SOME MISTAK IN MY PORTAL AND IRCC CANCEL MY PORTAL SO NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO

SO PLEASE SOMEONE KNOW ABOUT THIS SITUATION
AND HOW I CAN APPLY PLEASE SEND ME THE DIRECT LINK FOR WORK PERMIT

THANK YOU

dollarraj

Dec 3, 2022
WORK PERMIT

Hello everyone. Just hoping someone could help my sister’s situation.

She is a refugee claimant and she finished her first interview with IRCC, they took her passport and biometrics and medical has been passed. After 1 month she received her WORK PERMIT without eligibility interview. This was a public policy of IRCC issuing WORK PERMIT faster for refugee claimant without eligibility interview.

My sister went to Service Canada to get SIN number but they didn't give her one because they told her that she needs to wait for the eligibility interview. My sister has the work permit already on hand and she gave the work permit to Officer of Service Canada.

Please help, my sister really wants to work.

Thank yoi
Which province can you please tell?

ALI-26

Dec 25, 2021
Hello I am refugee claimant and I applied for asylum application at Coutts port border and CBSA seizure my documents and give me acknowledge letter.I submit BOC and I submitted medical and receive WP.I did meeting with CBSA in calgary before 2 weeks and they took the first documents I recieved first time at border with IRCC forms: Schedule A ,Schedule 12,Generic Application,ETC.they told me he will upload the documents and he will contact me later to recieved my documents and brown paper.
I called IRCC and the agent informed me the application assessment status :
Eligibility:In Progress,Security:In Progress
HIRV:In Progress,Criminality passed,Org Crime:In Progress,Medical passed,Misrepresentation:BlankInfo Sharing:In Progress,Other Reqs:Blank or refugee acknowledge letter he said
1st Vo: Coutts ,2nd VO : operation support center How long for brown paper to come it? Your inputs are very helpful

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hello I am refugee claimant and I applied for asylum application at Coutts port border and CBSA seizure my documents and give me acknowledge letter.I submit BOC and I submitted medical and receive WP.I did meeting with CBSA in calgary before 2 weeks and they took the first documents I recieved first time at border with IRCC forms: Schedule A ,Schedule 12,Generic Application,ETC.they told me he will upload the documents and he will contact me later to recieved my documents and brown paper.
I called IRCC and the agent informed me the application assessment status :
Eligibility:In Progress,Security:In Progress
HIRV:In Progress,Criminality passed,Org Crime:In Progress,Medical passed,Misrepresentation:BlankInfo Sharing:In Progress,Other Reqs:Blank or refugee acknowledge letter he said
1st Vo: Coutts ,2nd VO : operation support center How long for brown paper to come it? Your inputs are very helpful
If you have received a work permit, go to work and relax. A lot depends on that step.
No one knows when the brown paper will come.

tasase

Oct 9, 2023
I finished medical in June, still only have work permit. Other people that came later have it. Anyone have the same experience?

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hi everyone..
I read somewhere that last November 2022 there was an initiative to process the work permit for refugee claimants even before the eligibility interview. This is to enable refugee claimants to find jobs and provide for themselves and their families (if they are with them).
Accordingly, the normal thing is that refugee claimants in 2023 will receive their work permit even before eligibility interview.
I received mine first a notification by email on September 29, then I received the actual work permit by mail on October 8. The eligibility interview followed after 2 weeks.
Now waiting for news from IRB.
As of end of September 2023, the backlog of refugee claims is 126,703 :( :(

Usman A

Jul 8, 2023
Hi everyone..
I read somewhere that last November 2022 there was an initiative to process the work permit for refugee claimants even before the eligibility interview. This is to enable refugee claimants to find jobs and provide for themselves and their families (if they are with them).
Accordingly, the normal thing is that refugee claimants in 2023 will receive their work permit even before eligibility interview.
I received mine first a notification by email on September 29, then I received the actual work permit by mail on October 8. The eligibility interview followed after 2 weeks.
Now waiting for news from IRB.
As of end of September 2023, the backlog of refugee claims is 126,703 :( :(
When did you submit BOC and biometrics

Usman A

Jul 8, 2023
Where you located its surprising because its been 1 month 15 days after medical there is no response. Are you in toronto?

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Yes Toronto.
Relax man. It will not take much longer.
Don't worry. Try to get yourself busy with something useful.