+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got work permit and SIN without Brown ID

Trustwork801

Jan 7, 2023
Hi, I came through US-Canada border and applied refugee on 4 December then from montreal moved to Alberta did my medical examination and submitted BOC on 26th December. Received online application status change as “data entry” on 17th January but no response after that. Called the IRCC and they asked me to wait. Please someone help me to understand if there’s long waiting based on my entry date in Canada and what are the steps after medical test and boc submission. Thanking you in advance.
My application status is also "Data Entry" but already got work permit. Did you get your work permit ? if not than you need to send the email to IRCC or fill the web form about your case.
you can online submit the BOC form along with story

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
My application status is also "Data Entry" but already got work permit. Did you get your work permit ? if not than you need to send the email to IRCC or fill the web form about your case.
you can online submit the BOC form along with story
Thank you for your reply and finally I got someone who’s status also says “data entry”. I have already submitted the boc and story online as it was advised during border crossing and it was done right after my medical test. Now, I don’t understand what is the next steps of getting hearing date, SIN and driving license because the permit is only for 2years.

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Thank you for your reply and finally I got someone who’s status also says “data entry”. I have already submitted the boc and story online as it was advised during border crossing and it was done right after my medical test. Now, I don’t understand what is the next steps of getting hearing date, SIN and driving license because the permit is only for 2years.
Please can someone help me with this information

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Please help me how to apply SIN after work permit when I’m waiting for brown paper??????

Trustwork801

Jan 7, 2023
You can get SIN without brown paper. Just go to Canada Service with your work permit and copies of all border document. They will give you SIN.
Also go to test drive center with your work permit. they will also provide your paper for license. let me know for any further clarifications

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
Hi Friends,
I want to share my experience for othre's benefits.
Arrived with family in USA-Monterial border and applied for Asylum: 1 Dec 2022,
Moved to Ontario: 06 Dec 2022
Documents uploaded on web portal: 26 Jan 2023.
Received work permit: 15 March 2023
Got SIN no. and applied for Driving Licence: 16 March 2023.
Note: So in order to get SIN no. and driving licence, Brown ID is not required.
Did u get brown id

Reactions: Trustwork801

Emmalpha

May 3, 2023
I have had my first and second interviews and I have my brown paper now but am yet to receive my work permit.... it's been a week since my 2nd interview and getting the brown paper but still I haven't gotten work permit.... I would like to know if there's something I need to do

yakuza93

May 26, 2023
I have had my first and second interviews and I have my brown paper now but am yet to receive my work permit.... it's been a week since my 2nd interview and getting the brown paper but still I haven't gotten work permit.... I would like to know if there's something I need to do
From what I understand, it can take up to a couple months before WP after second interview. Got my second interview today and officer says I should receive my WP in the next 3 weeks. Hope you get yours soon