+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got WES report today- Question on points for M.Sc qualification

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
It is Two or more certificates with at least one being more than 3 years. I have clarified, used it , received my invitation and sent my application for PR :). i suggest that we all please only share clarified/established info. We must not panic and drive ourselves and others to negativity. I seeked clarification from WES and that's what they had to say. Just for the record, I had a post graduate diploma in modern languages from the UK and assessment report says one year graduate study.
To clarify @ faithope's doubt, it doesn't necessarily have to be one year study towards a post graduate degree. it's simply graduate study post your bachelor's.

Thank you, hope this helps!
Hi JB007,
So, what I understood from your post is that..
My education of B.Sc. (3 years graduate studies) and M.Sc. (2 years post-graduate studies) will be considered as

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Pls confirm, is my understanding correct?? ???

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi JB007,

Thanks a lot for clarifying.

As per the forum I also thought the same but many people have responded that you will not get any points for it and only points for Bachelors would be calculated.

I have sent my case for formal review to WES and they have changed the status to "File under review".

Please let us know what conversation you had with WES and have they clearly told you that it comes under "Two or more certificates, diploma or degree with one 3 years or more".

Thanks for your help.

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
JB007 said:
It is Two or more certificates with at least one being more than 3 years. I have clarified, used it , received my invitation and sent my application for PR :). i suggest that we all please only share clarified/established info. We must not panic and drive ourselves and others to negativity. I seeked clarification from WES and that's what they had to say. Just for the record, I had a post graduate diploma in modern languages from the UK and assessment report says one year graduate study.
To clarify @ faithope's doubt, it doesn't necessarily have to be one year study towards a post graduate degree. it's simply graduate study post your bachelor's.

Excellent!!!! Thanks JB007 for the confirmation.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
munjal said:
Hi JB007,
My education of B.Sc. (3 years graduate studies) and M.Sc. (2 years post-graduate studies) will be considered as

Right indeed!

@Faithope - My fiance's friend works at WES U.S and was the who helped me to proceed. My PR application has been processed with this info. One year Graduate study + equivalent of bachelors' is indeed "Two or more..."

However, as a disclaimer I'd suggest to make your own query if you're doubtful. Also depends on the University the degree/diploma or certificate is issued from I suppose, I went to a reputed uni in England, so it's pretty subjective perhaps. I"ll say this to be on the safer side.

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
I am in exact same situation. WES assessment of M.Sc. degree as "1 year graduate study program" after a Bachelor's degree reduced my points for FSW

I did 1-to-1 comparison with same Masters programs from Canadian colleges as mine degree. course subjects are same.

Anyone have luck for getting WES to re-evaluate their assessment of an Indian M.Sc. degree to be equal to a Canadian Masters?

See their online tool. WES thinks MBA from India is the only Masters degrees. The worth of all other Masters degrees from even top Indian univs are taken as "1 year graduate study" which is reducing points for FSW

Plz someone give any advise to get right credential assessment

dmurtaza

Mar 20, 2015
dobes said:
Yes. That is two degrees, at least one of them more than three years. I have a bachelor's degree (4 years) in Music, plus one year of a two-year MBA program, both from the US. My ECA says it is equivalent to a 4-year Canadian bachelor's plus one year of graduate study (or study toward a Master's degree) but I didn't find anywhere to get points for anything other than the bachelor's.

My partner has a 5-year Master's degree from Slovakia which got assessed as a 4-year Canadian Bachelor's degree, so he also got credit for a Bachelor's only. It's just the way it is.

I am wondering if any senior helps me understand WES ECA report

Top of report says

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

Further down it has following

1- Canadian Equivalency:
Secondary school diploma

2- Canadian Equivalency:
Business Administration
Diploma (two years)

3- Canadian Equivalency
Accounting
Bachelor's degree (three years)

Question, What shall I be loading into my EE profile

Either 3 Years Degree
OR
Two Degrees/Diplomas of which one is three years or more

I submitted following to WES

Higher Secondary School Certificate (12 Years)
Bachelor of Commerce Degree (2 Years)
CIMA UK - Full Exam Passed Transcript + Chartered member Certificate

Your help is much appreciated

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi JB007,

Hi Asivad Anac and other senior members,
pls help me to get the correct evaluation for my education..
I used the degree equivalency tool from WES website and result is as below:

pls suggest, what will be my educational evaluation equivalent to..

will it be considered as "Two or more degrees with one being three or more years.."

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi Asivad Anac and other senior members,
pls help me to get the correct evaluation for my education..
I used the degree equivalency tool from WES website and result is as below:

pls suggest, what will be my educational evaluation equivalent to..

will it be considered as "Two or more degrees with one being three or more years.."
This would be Bachelors. It would've been "Two or more..." if the 2nd degree had been evaluated as one of the following.

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:

Asivad Anac said:
This would be Bachelors. It would've been "Two or more..." if the 2nd degree had been evaluated as one of the following.

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree
I am really confused now.. :(
Both the opinions are contrary to each other..
Friends, pls help to understand it correctly .. :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
I am really confused now.. :(
Both the opinions are contrary to each other..
Friends, pls help to understand it correctly .. :(
There is no confusion. Your ECA doesn't indicate that you that you have 7 years equivalence of Canadian education. It says you have a 4 years equivalence and that it is a Bachelors. Unlike in India where these are 2 distinct courses of 3 year Bachelors and probably 2 year Masters, Canada would have the same 2 courses clubbed as a single 4 year Bachelors degree.

When you get your final ECA report, the Canadian Equivalency Summary would be Bachelors Degree (4 years).

Unfortunately, that's how it is and you cannot claim "Two or more..." on the basis of this ECA.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh.. is it so... ???
thats sad to know.. that I am at a loss of few points in CRS as my ECA is equivalent to "bachelors" and not "two or more degrees, certi .." :(

anyways.. thanks a lot Asivad Anac for your valuable inputs..
I really appreciate it

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
munjal said:
oh.. is it so... ???
thats sad to know.. that I am at a loss of few points in CRS as my ECA is equivalent to "bachelors" and not "two or more degrees, certi .." :(

anyways.. thanks a lot Asivad Anac for your valuable inputs..
I really appreciate it
Yes, this is correct. My friend's MA (Economics) from JNU [2 yrs], India and BA (Economics) from Delhi University, India [3 yrs] has been summarised by WES as Bachelor's degree 4 years only. As suggested by Asivad, we cannot claim points for Two or more degrees.

Regards,
VSG

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Yes, this is correct. My friend's MA (Economics) from JNU [2 yrs], India and BA (Economics) from Delhi University, India [3 yrs] has been summarised by WES as Bachelor's degree 4 years only. As suggested by Asivad, we cannot claim points for Two or more degrees.

Regards,
VSG
thanks vsgautam for your post.
So, I will get 112 points for my education as I am applying as married applicant.

Is that correct?