+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got visa

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hello

So I got my student visa and I wanted to ask can we work off campus in canada? How can I get the work permit?

awsaf.nafis16

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can work off campus. Study permit allows you to work 20 hours per week. You do no need a seperate work permit to work.
All the best !

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
awsaf.nafis16 said:
yes you can work off campus. Study permit allows you to work 20 hours per week. You do no need a seperate work permit to work.
All the best !
Oh ok thanks! Because some one told me that in your student visa which will be stamped on your passport, there it will be mentioned weather you can work or not. So I was confused. :/

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shani you are applicant from Pakistan if I remember correctly.
Please share your profile and VFS you applied and date. Share your experience with visa process also

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Shani you are applicant from Pakistan if I remember correctly.
Please share your profile and VFS you applied and date. Share your experience with visa process also
Uh yes
I did O and Alevels with 8As in olevel and 4As in alevels.
I aapplied through vfs karachi on 27th October 2016 and got my visa on 5th December. Everything was straight forward I guess. No problems.

awsaf.nafis16

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it has nothing to do with the visa. All the details will be mentioned in the Study Permit which you will get at the Canadian Airport.

cv01

Dec 1, 2016
Shani19 said:
Uh yes
I aapplied through vfs karachi on 27th October 2016 and got my visa on 5th December. Everything was straight forward I guess. No problems.
which institution are you going to attend?

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shani19 said:
Uh yes
Wow nice grades
Shani can you please tell me about Visa process like bank statement and all that? How many months your bank statement was of and of how much?
Did you show them any property documents ?
What were your ITRs? (I am damn confused about this. Someone said no need to show some say you should show and some say show with like itr of 15lac or so)
You applied yourself or through consultant?
Why didn't you go for SFU sister? You are up for SFU rather than FIC's international program for UTP stage I & II

Thanks for your response. I'm also O/ALevels students but with Average grades
O'levels 4As 3Bs and 1C
A'levels 2Bs and 1C

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Wow nice grades
Shani can you please tell me about Visa process like bank statement and all that? How many months your bank statement was of and of how much?
Did you show them any property documents ?
What were your ITRs? (I am damn confused about this. Someone said no need to show some say you should show and some say show with like itr of 15lac or so)
You applied yourself or through consultant?
Why didn't you go for SFU sister? You are up for SFU rather than FIC's international program for UTP stage I & II

Thanks for your response. I'm also O/ALevels students but with Average grades
O'levels 4As 3Bs and 1C
A'levels 2Bs and 1C
I am not sure about bank statements and all the other stuff as my father did all those things. But the bank statements were for of last 6 months I guess. Also he showed savings of 35lac. And our house property papers with strong affidavit of support.
I didn't go for SFU as I did not had enough time to wait for january intake. University takes at least one month to give you offer letter. I wanted to have some time to apply for visa.
Oh from where did you did your alevels? And you are going for bachelor's?

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shani19 said:
I am not sure about bank statements and all the other stuff as my father did all those things. But the bank statements were for of last 6 months I guess. Also he showed savings of 35lac. And our house property papers with strong affidavit of support.
I didn't go for SFU as I did not had enough time to wait for january intake. University takes at least one month to give you offer letter. I wanted to have some time to apply for visa.
Oh from where did you did your alevels? And you are going for bachelor's?
Yes I've also plans for Bachelors. What are you going for?
I was private candidate of A'levels but O'Levels was from The City School. Wbu?

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Yes I've also plans for Bachelors. What are you going for?
I was private candidate of A'levels but O'Levels was from The City School. Wbu?
Oh ok! I am going to do computer science.
I did it from beacon house school

Abdelhadi

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Shani19 said:
Hello

So I got my student visa and I wanted to ask can we work off campus in canada? How can I get the work permit?
Hello shani
Consider as an advice
For first term forget about working so that you can get a high marks and get used to uni and youll be able to manage your time so leave working for the second semester if necessary

Good luck