+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got visa with acceptance letter from my 1st institution and planning to attend a different institution.

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
My nephew recent got his study permit with the 1st institution acceptance letter, and in between the time his proffered institution had put him on waitlist, Immediately he got his visa, his waitlist institution gave him a admission. He has accepted the offer in his preferred college and plans to cancel with the 1st College.

Is there anything he has to tell the immigration before flying to Canada? Or he needs to come in and then do all from inside.

Please he needs help.

Thanks

Rita.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My nephew recent got his study permit with the 1st institution acceptance letter, and in between the time his proffered institution had put him on waitlist, Immediately he got his visa, his waitlist institution gave him a admission. He has accepted the offer in his preferred college and plans to cancel with the 1st College.

Is there anything he has to tell the immigration before flying to Canada? Or he needs to come in and then do all from inside.

Please he needs help.

Thanks

Rita.
He needs a new study permit if he has never studied at the school on his permit. He cannot attend the preferred college and cancel the school on his permit. So he needs to study at least one semester at the school on his permit and then he can transfer.

He cannot change when he enters Canada. He needs to show that he is registered and attending the school on his permit to be issued it.