+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got visa/Study permit but college acceptance got expired

lakshbrar

May 6, 2017
I applied for a study permit on 18th march and got my visa on 3rd may but for my surprise i came to know that my acceptance in langara college ( for May intake) got expired due to not registering for any courses and someone told me that no matter if i have a valid visa, the immigration officers of canada won't allow me to step my foots in canada because i don't have any studies to carry out and may send me back
can someone tell me if i still can go or can i reach there with letter of acceptance of any other college or i just have to get accepted to langara again bcz i applied for my visa with their offer letter

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
You will need a letter from your college saying they accept late arrivals. Since you don't have this letter you have no option but to defer your admission to the next intake. And yes, at the port of entry visa officers will not allow you in the country if you are not registered with the college.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
My suggestion is have the same college take you... if you are planning on arriving withouth college, then they won't let you in the country, with more than enough reasons...

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
lakshbrar said:
I applied for a study permit on 18th march and got my visa on 3rd may but for my surprise i came to know that my acceptance in langara college ( for May intake) got expired due to not registering for any courses and someone told me that no matter if i have a valid visa, the immigration officers of canada won't allow me to step my foots in canada because i don't have any studies to carry out and may send me back
can someone tell me if i still can go or can i reach there with letter of acceptance of any other college or i just have to get accepted to langara again bcz i applied for my visa with their offer letter
Talk to your college and see if they can still take you in your chosen program. Most colleges usually do without any problems, they will just issue a letter of acceptance. But if you are too late for this term, then you can ask for a deferral to the next intake for Fall 2017. Your visa will still be valid by then. Don't ask for answers here, go talk to Langara!