+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Visa still appearing for IELTS

Mesha

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Manish7 said:
@ mesha

Its pretty obvious wen u inform CIC abt changing ur course dey will change ur ViSA accordingly. So ur visa will b of 1 Yr. And to apply to CIC and for the process it will surely take some time so u need to enter canada atleast 15 days prior to ur prgram strt date as safety.
And one more thing wen u do a PG certificate course or smthing lyk tat ie. (no masters MBA) of 1yr den the CEC PR route wnt b applicable so still u gt time see things properly n den go :)
While changing the course in same study level lyk PG certificate course from cent to humber or 1 yrs course to 2 yrs tats very easy no need to apply to cic n all it will just take 1 or 2 days according to the seat avai. If the seats r full den again it will b a problem fr nw u gt ur visa so i dnt think so there is any need to ggive ielts until the other course needs it badly as ur counsultant or any other onsultant
please explain BLUE shaded statements.
and If I transfer my program to 1 year PG to other college.
Will humber refund me my paid fees ? ???

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Mesha said:
i also had 6 bands.

consultant told me 6 bands applicants are no eligible for 1 year course :(

and afterwards i came to know that people get visas in 1 year course who had 6 bands

???

too dissatisfied with consultant ....

helpless !!!
I can't believe that you just listened to what the consultant had to say and never researched on your own. Here's what my first advice is: "www.google.co.in". Now coming to the topic, you are already eligible for the 2 year course, unless it's a post-grad diploma or certificate. Then you might need 6.5 or 7 bands. Anyway, if you are actually looking to get into a program you really want to do and yu need 7 bands for that, then I suggest don't go for IELTS. In stead, come to Canada, get into the first year university level english course and that is where you will actually be able to improve as well as fulfill the requirements for English for all the university level programs.

P.S. Don't listen to anyone who is telling yo not to care about IELTS because you have the visa. Nice to see someone who cares about language skills even after getting the visa!!

Good luck!!