+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got visa approval /but can't travel./abudhabi office/no reply.

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Alurra71 said:
I have serious doubts that they will allow the spouse to land and then return to UAE. There is a reason that the visa office wants the Canadian resident to cancel that resident visa and I am assuming it is because the intent to reside in Canada is part of the whole sponsorship application. If she does not cancel her resident visa in the gulf, then effectively her spouse could land, return to her in the gulf, baby gets Canadian passport because of 1st generation rules and now spouse is exempt from the PR RO because he is living abroad with Canadian spouse.

You see why they want her to cancel that resident visa now? It would force her to leave that country and return to Canada or apply for a visa to another country.

786star: I know I had read at some point that you and your spouse were planning a vacation in Canada a few months ago and then you were to return to the UAE and ask your doctor about travel. If you came to Canada for a vacation, why didn't you remain in Canada for the duration of your pregnancy and then you wouldn't have this issue now. At the rate you are going, I think you and your spouse will likely end up having to start from scratch again.
I never went for vacation ....neither did I plan .....I do not know where did u read that.....May be some misunderstanding.....I didn't travel with my pragnancy.....:(

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Alurra71 said:
I have serious doubts that they will allow the spouse to land and then return to UAE. There is a reason that the visa office wants the Canadian resident to cancel that resident visa and I am assuming it is because the intent to reside in Canada is part of the whole sponsorship application. If she does not cancel her resident visa in the gulf, then effectively her spouse could land, return to her in the gulf, baby gets Canadian passport because of 1st generation rules and now spouse is exempt from the PR RO because he is living abroad with Canadian spouse.

You see why they want her to cancel that resident visa now? It would force her to leave that country and return to Canada or apply for a visa to another country.

786star: I know I had read at some point that you and your spouse were planning a vacation in Canada a few months ago and then you were to return to the UAE and ask your doctor about travel. If you came to Canada for a vacation, why didn't you remain in Canada for the duration of your pregnancy and then you wouldn't have this issue now. At the rate you are going, I think you and your spouse will likely end up having to start from scratch again.
I never went for vacation ....I didn't go canada during my pragnancy,....I don't know where did u read it :(

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
about 6 weeks ago this was posted by a different user....

Ali82 said:
Hello,

I received this a letter from Abu Dhabi embassy end of April 2014 to inform me that my visa is ready to be issued, one of the requirement was to cancel my spouse visa (UAE residence), we have 60 days to submit the documents, and the visa will be valid until 15th of Sep'14, now the situation is the followng:

1- we already booked a return flight tickets for 2 weeks to Canada for holiday before getting that email, we are traveling after 2 weeks from now, so we have only 25 days to submit the documents when we returned back.

2- My wife is pregnant (my sponsor) and she already started her 7th month, her health insurance has been cancelled in Canada after moving to UAE before 2 years, and if she activate it during our holiday, it will take 3 months to be issued, and of course she has health insurance in UAE, but we will lose it in case we cancelled her UAE residence.

3- After coming back from Canada, her doctor is not allowing her to travel, since the delivery is expected to be on 1st on August, that why it's very difficult to cancel her UAE residence before that.
We have checked the website and it was mentioned that if we didn't submit document within 60 days, may we need to submit the whole applications again.

Sorry for the details, Please advise.

Thanks a lot for your help
I believe we are assumming that this was your husband as the situations are so similar.