+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got visa approval /but can't travel./abudhabi office/no reply.

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
I am canadian citizen . We have received an email from abudhabi visa office that to issue immigration visa to my husband and outer deadline is 1 July 2014. Due to my medical condition (pragnancy) I could not be able to travel. And they have given us a condition that they will not issue my husband visa until I cancel my gulf resident visa. We have emailed them that we can not travel at that time and we want them to extend our deadline . Also we have attached doctors note with that. Also we told them to extend it till December 2014 ......Now problem is we don't want them to put our case aside .....we have not heard from them.....no reply.....we are scared......also deadline is coming .....please tell what should I do now ...if anyone went throughout the same situation..........please advise us.....when I call abudhabi office ...it seems like there is no representative I can talk to....only machine is there......please help as I m so stressed up with this situation ......

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
How long has it been since you sent in the request?

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
They emailed us on April 22 2014......and we replied them on May 15 .. We took that much time as I was trying to get permission from my doctor to fly ......but unfortunately with complicated pragnancy I can not ........it's almost a month now....we have not heard back from them .....they also said in their first email that if u do not provide all these documents within the timeframe given, a decision will be made based on the information available which May result in the refusal of your application .....that's so sad :(...... In those documents they wanted to see my gulf residence visa cancelled but I can't cancel it until my baby is born as I can't travel to anywhere with my complicated pragnancy .....this is so sad situation ....:(.... Advise me if I can do anything to resolve this problem.

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
Just put you back at the top so someone might see this that can help

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unfortunately there's not much we can do. your husband should go to abu dhabi and talk to the consulate in person. just sending an email wouldn't do any good.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The issue is that the husband would have to land before the medical result expired. Chances are the July 1st is probably the expiry date of the medical result. He may be able to postpone the landing but he probably will have to do his medical test again in order to be able to land before medical result expire date.

Other than that, I can't really contribute anymore than that.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
chakrab said:
unfortunately there's not much we can do. your husband should go to abu dhabi and talk to the consulate in person. just sending an email wouldn't do any good.
Agreed. This user has posted their situation before, unfortunately it looks like anything that maybe could have been done should have been done a long time ago and now as it's too late I think her or the husband need to go in person to resolve the matter. I still think that explaining the situation they could look past her cancelling her residency, issue the visa and the husband could go himself, do the landing and turn around and come back. They might extend the entire thing but if the issue is the medical exam expiring then he'll have to have another one, wait for results, etc. But this might not be an issue for them because of the complications and the newborn baby, it might be months now before they will be ready for travel. More complicated too and extra paperwork will have to get done for the baby because it will need a passport to fly.

It really depends on the decision of the consulate. You can only hope that they will be sympathetic to the situation. But really at this point someone has to go in person.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
agarand8 said:
Agreed. This user has posted their situation before, unfortunately it looks like anything that maybe could have been done should have been done a long time ago and now as it's too late I think her or the husband need to go in person to resolve the matter. I still think that explaining the situation they could look past her cancelling her residency, issue the visa and the husband could go himself, do the landing and turn around and come back. They might extend the entire thing but if the issue is the medical exam expiring then he'll have to have another one, wait for results, etc. But this might not be an issue for them because of the complications and the newborn baby, it might be months now before they will be ready for travel. More complicated too and extra paperwork will have to get done for the baby because it will need a passport to fly.

It really depends on the decision of the consulate. You can only hope that they will be sympathetic to the situation. But really at this point someone has to go in person.
I have serious doubts that they will allow the spouse to land and then return to UAE. There is a reason that the visa office wants the Canadian resident to cancel that resident visa and I am assuming it is because the intent to reside in Canada is part of the whole sponsorship application. If she does not cancel her resident visa in the gulf, then effectively her spouse could land, return to her in the gulf, baby gets Canadian passport because of 1st generation rules and now spouse is exempt from the PR RO because he is living abroad with Canadian spouse.

You see why they want her to cancel that resident visa now? It would force her to leave that country and return to Canada or apply for a visa to another country.

786star: I know I had read at some point that you and your spouse were planning a vacation in Canada a few months ago and then you were to return to the UAE and ask your doctor about travel. If you came to Canada for a vacation, why didn't you remain in Canada for the duration of your pregnancy and then you wouldn't have this issue now. At the rate you are going, I think you and your spouse will likely end up having to start from scratch again.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Alurra71 said:
786star: I know I had read at some point that you and your spouse were planning a vacation in Canada a few months ago and then you were to return to the UAE and ask your doctor about travel. If you came to Canada for a vacation, why didn't you remain in Canada for the duration of your pregnancy and then you wouldn't have this issue now. At the rate you are going, I think you and your spouse will likely end up having to start from scratch again.
She has been outside of Canada for an extended period of time and had cancelled her provincial health card before leaving so that would have her waiting for 3 months or so with no health care. The complications with the pregnancy made this not an option for them. The thing would have been to return to Canada as soon as she knew about the pregnancy to reactivate the healthcare, but at the same time how could they have known that the pregnancy would develop complications? It's all in retrospect now. All they can do is go to the consulate in person and see what happens. They might be lucky and just have to get a new medical.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
agarand8 said:
She has been outside of Canada for an extended period of time and had cancelled her provincial health card before leaving so that would have her waiting for 3 months or so with no health care. The complications with the pregnancy made this not an option for them. The thing would have been to return to Canada as soon as she knew about the pregnancy to reactivate the healthcare, but at the same time how could they have known that the pregnancy would develop complications? It's all in retrospect now. All they can do is go to the consulate in person and see what happens. They might be lucky and just have to get a new medical.
I guess that would in fact depend on where she was in Canada. Not all provinces run the same *shrugs* Either way she has a hard road ahead of her and I think nobody here is going to be able to answer her questions.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Alurra71 said:
I guess that would in fact depend on where she was in Canada. Not all provinces run the same *shrugs* Either way she has a hard road ahead of her and I think nobody here is going to be able to answer her questions.
Agreed. The odds that someone has been in that same situation from her same VO is so slim. She keeps asking for advice but at this point her options are so so limited it's a hope for the best type of situation.