Not required
Passport Req..
14 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 April 2015
LANDED..........
6 May 2015
Hi All

I would like to share the details of my application, this forum helped me a lot with information as well as moral support during the very difficult duration of waiting for a decision.

-Application filed online 17th Jan 2015 from Karachi
I uploaded only the documents that were required (forms, financial proof docs, offer letter from University, SOP) and attached police verification certificate with the SOP.
NO academic documents were uploaded, no not even IELTS TRF although I got 8, but there was no option of uploading.
-Biometrics Done 19th Jan
-From then to 25th March there was NO update, I was under a lot of mental duress, the long wait times are terribly depressing, so to all my friend who apply, please have heart and don't worry everything will work out in the end.
-On the 25th of March, I got a call for Medical. Got those done on the 7th April as IoM wouldn't give an earlier date. On 14th April my medicals showed passed on cic.
-Passport was requested on 21st April and got the passport stamped and in my hands on the 27th April.

A couple of other things;

-The update emails from cic but no real update are all probably a good sign. Everytime I got them something good came up within a week like the medical call, then the medical passed status, passport request, I got those emails a few days before each of these.
-Candidates from Pakistan at least, a medical call DOES mean that you just have to now just pass the medical to get the visa and that they have already assessed the rest of your application before requesting medicals.
-I showed enough finances to fund my entire course of study (which is one year of Meng at Waterloo) and $10,000 over that. I showed two sources, one primary and one secondary, neither were my parents, I got affidavits to prove their support and included their bank statement and saving certificate copies. I also included their NTN numbers to show they pay their taxes. I also showed an account in my name that had $20,000
-Throughout the months, my status was showing open on cic, it does not change to processing or under review or anything. Its nothing to worry about, they are looking at your file even if it doesn't say under process.
-It took me 14 weeks from when I applied to when I got the visa. Many people here and in my circle who applied around the same time as I, got early responses which were all rejections. So if your application is taking unusually long, it is a GOOD sign.

Last but not the least, the thing that worked was prayers, if anyone is interested in knowing and has similar beliefs, I did the following things:
-Surah Yaseen 41 times every Thursday (obv the family used to do it with me, one person alone can't)
-Reciting the following verse at all times I could "Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'alta hu sahla, wa ant'a taj'allul hazna, sahlan iza shi'ta" it means "Koi kam bhi asan nahi siwaye uske jisay tu asan karde, aur tu tou jab chahe sanglakh (siryee wali) zameenon ko bhi narm hamwar karde"
-Reciting Durood Tunajjeena a lot
-Doing namaz e hajat
-Reciting dua e hajat after namaz
-Reciting ayat-e-karima

Thanks guys,

Adios ;D

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
hi guys

urgent help needed

My brothers just got passport request with following msg in pdf letter

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

is that means his visa got approved ?

umar909

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2015 Online
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25 March 2015
Med's Done....
7 April 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
14 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 April 2015
LANDED..........
6 May 2015
yes YES YES :D
ri123 said:
hi guys

urgent help needed

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We

Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
congrats Umar and for your brother ri123
Umar99 thank for the advice and I think they don't process application until the last one month before the study

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
Kingo said:
congrats Umar and for your brother ri123
Umar99 thank for the advice and I think they don't process application until the last one month before the study
thank you so much.Yes that what i think :)

umar909

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2015 Online
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25 March 2015
Med's Done....
7 April 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
14 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 April 2015
LANDED..........
6 May 2015
Maybe, but they probably have a very initial screening when you send your application too, because some ppl got rejections in Feb, they applied in Jan for May term just like me so they probably sort out applications before that too but only respond to the successful candidates a month before the start of term.

Raheel909

May 1, 2015
@Omar909
I am also thinking of applying for student visa I have couple of follow up question will you kindly answer them

1) Which university & course did you applied to ?
2) Your percentage in previous qualification ?
3) Did you provide them any documents when you went for bio metrics ?
4) How much bank statement you provided then as financial proof ?

Kindly answer these question I am very confused

seena

Apr 30, 2015
ri123 said:
hi guys

urgent help needed

Passport requirements

Hi umer

Many thnx for your sharing experience
Could u plz give me your watapp I'd or phone number? I have just start my process
Am so much worry

Could you plz tell that should I hire consultant? Or apply by myself