+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got V-1 visitor visa instead of PG-1 supervisa on new portal

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,
I am in the same situation now. However, my mother is here on the V-1 visa that was stamped. I realized later when she entered Canada and the border control officer told me that she was issued visitor visa and not the supervisa. Does anyone have any update.

mirmoazam

Jan 18, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
My Mother arrived here last week and the Border agent called me as she had a return ticket after 7 months. I never bothered to check that she had beeen issued a V-1 Visa.
Not sure what can be done except applying again for a SuperVisa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My Mother arrived here last week and the Border agent called me as she had a return ticket after 7 months. I never bothered to check that she had beeen issued a V-1 Visa.
She can only apply for a SV outside Canada with approved medical and a year of insurance. Was she told she has to leave in 6 months? Was her passport stamped with a date to leave?

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would apply for the supervisa next time she leaves Canada for her next visit. Not much you can do about it now. You can attempt to extend her visit before the 6 months expires if she was granted a 6 month stay. Are you sure she was originally approved for a supervisa? She should still take out travel medical insurance even though it isn’t a requirement.