+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got V-1 visitor visa instead of PG-1 supervisa on new portal

malikhamid

Dec 27, 2021
I applied for my parents recently for supervisa all the required documents were for supervisa attached medical insurance NOA met the LICO, they received passports stamped recently and the visa stamped are visit visa, what could be done in this situation, has anyone faced same situation and what did you guys do to correct the error, any information and help will be greatly appreciated. Thabks

malikhamid

Dec 27, 2021
I tried to call them for a while I wasn’t able reach out, everytime it said agents are busy so i gave up I didn’t want to send them a webform and mess things up for their visitors visa so i decided i’ll let them visit once and apply supervisa next year.

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
I wonder how this happened? They must have made mistake or there is a glitch on new portal. You should raise web forms and call them.
They should be able to resolve. You should apply for GCMS notes to get the full picture?

hbrarr

Feb 27, 2013
Hi there, that is very unlikely. I had applied for parents supervisa as well. They have got PG-1 which is supervisa. Everything is same except when we fill IMM5257E in the column where 'Visa Type Requested' needs to be selected as 'Super Visa' instead TRV. I filed visa via GCKEY not used new portal. Passport request received within 10 days. IMO GCKEY is more fast than new process as I am still waiting results filed via New Portal almost same time, similar profile for my friend.

malikhamid

Dec 27, 2021
Under new portal i have already seen almost 10 cases this happened got visit visa instead of super visa. I selected all the right options even medical insurance was a mandatory document. But still got visit visa. I think GCMS is the way to go.

malikhamid

Dec 27, 2021
I wonder how this happened? They must have made mistake or there is a glitch on new portal. You should raise web forms and call them.
They should be able to resolve. You should apply for GCMS notes to get the full picture?
Under new portal i have already seen almost 10 cases this happened got visit visa instead of super visa. I selected all the right options even medical insurance was a mandatory document. But still got visit visa. I think GCMS is the way to go.

Reactions: sheikh958

osaid.siddiqui

Oct 24, 2021
Seems that way. I've applied for GCMS notes. Let's see if they actually have a justification for this. I guess I won't get the notes before another month

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
We just got the passport and it has supervisa stamp (PG1). I applied using new portal from Canada. May be you mistakenly selected another option than supervisa?

osaid.siddiqui

Oct 24, 2021
Nope no mistake. We were required to upload insurance and medical which are only required for Super visa. I hope GCMS notes might help understand this.

Nikhil shah

May 4, 2016
Nope no mistake. We were required to upload insurance and medical which are only required for Super visa. I hope GCMS notes might help understand this.
Hi!
Today I am trying to select option why my parents will be visiting Canada. It has removed supervisa option from new portal

osaid.siddiqui

Oct 24, 2021
Any update on this guys? Can anyone share what they found in GCMS notes? Its been a month that I applied for GCMS notes but haven't received them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa is never guaranteed. VO can decide to only grant a TRV. They also only got a visa for 4 years so there are likely concerns about their application and they are being given a trial period. If they follow TRV rules and return home after their visit they will likely get granted a supervisa next time.

Krn_chd

Aug 21, 2020
I called CBSA one of the 3 agents I talked to said if you are applying as a couple the primary applicant gets PG1 but secondary applicant gets V1 but you can stay for 2 years. I don't see it in writing anywhere. My dad got PG1 but my mom got V1. CBSA also suggested to call IRCC on this. Anyone got the answer to this???

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
I called CBSA one of the 3 agents I talked to said if you are applying as a couple the primary applicant gets PG1 but secondary applicant gets V1 but you can stay for 2 years. I don't see it in writing anywhere. My dad got PG1 but my mom got V1. CBSA also suggested to call IRCC on this. Anyone got the answer to this???
Hi Same thing ahhpeened with my mom and dad, any updat eon what to do?