+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got TRP of my child born outside Canada. Both parents are Perminent Residents of Canada

MahnoorFatima

Nov 8, 2018
Hi Everyone.
Success Story. There are soo many depressing stories about the journey of not getting TRV and TRP of child born outside Canada when both parents are Perminent Residents of Canada.

My story:
We both parents got the PR in 2016 we gave short landing and went back to Pakistan. Our son was born in Pakistan 2018.
We applied for his visit visa but got rejected. Again we applied again it got rejected. We were very depressed and lost all the hopes of getting visitors visa of our child.
Our PR expiration was October 2022. Perminent Residence would on risk if we dont came back to canada by the October 2019. So I decided to apply one more time for the visitor visa. We approach lawyers in Canada but they were too expensive. Even tried to contact consultants to help us in getting visa. But no one was sure. So we decided to go on our own and we got successful in the third attempt.

How?
1. We attached two Letter of invitation and both were nortized. First letter of invitation was given by brother in law who works in Canada it was nortized by Canadian Lawyer.
Second letter of invitation was written by me. Simple letter of invitation and I also wrote my child is very small and cant be left alone in Pakistan. Attached my and mine husband's PR card picture and it was nortized too.

2. Letter of Explanation by me I told them why my child was born outside Canada. Though I wish to deliver my baby in Canada. Attached the doctors recommendation that she did not allow me to travel Canada as it was high risk pregnancy. And attached ultra sound reports which clearly shows how risky it was to travel canada to make my child birth in Canada.
Also told them why I came back to Pakistanbbecause my treatment was going on in Pakistan and that treatment was very expensive in Canada amd was noot covered in Canadian health insurance and it was free of cost for us in Pakistan by our Company Insurance amd attached the treatment reports for verification and showed the canadian health insurance policies that it was not covered in 2016 when we came Canada.

3.Attached confirmed flight ticket

4. Bank Statement in PKR which equals to XXXXX DOLLARS

5.Bank statement from my brother in Law to prove them my he is willing to afford him and has no issues.

6. Employment letter from my employer relocating me to Canada.

7. Also declaration that I will afford all the expense of my child till he becomes the permanent resident of the Canada.

8. Time of Duration I applied was 1 year.

I applied for TRV in June 2019 but I did
not got any reply from CIC. And my flight date came near. Even I emailed cic if my child is getting trv so should I extend my flight date. But no reply from CIC. And I flighted to Canada in July 2019.

I came here. I opened my Canadian Bank account, took driving lisence and health card. Applied his outland sponsorship application online. It took me 10 to 12 days.
I Emailed to CIC for the change of Address with proof of scan copies of driving lisence, bank account transaction report and scan copy of health card. Also I attached the outland sponsorship fees statement of my son.

Suddenly within couple of hours I got the reply from Warsaw and Abu dhabi office to pay the fees of TRP $200 and I submitted the fees. And send the fees copy to CIC and Warsaw.
And ask them to give him visa because it is very difficult for me to live without my son. I don't want my child to go through mental stress because he is 14 months old, and I miss my son alot even my son miss me alot. Being a mother here and stay without my son for 12 months will be hard for me and for my son too.
Also told them I am here alone father is staying with my child. If he gets visa he will come with his father.
Next morning my sons trp got approved and they sent me a pdf file with details of his trp. CIC also mentioned that TRV got refused on basis he got TRP.
Now my son is coming to Canada with his father. I came to Canada leaving my child and husband back in Pakistan. Now they both are coming to Canada.

sbh34

Aug 1, 2021
Hi,

Is it possible to apply the outland sponsorship application for a dependent child online? I thought it was possible only for spouse.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Is it possible to apply the outland sponsorship application for a dependent child online? I thought it was possible only for spouse.
All dependent child applications are submitted as outland - however one of the PR parents must be living in Canada at the time the application is submitted and must continue to live in Canada while the application is processed.

The online application is for spousal sponsorship only. Dependent child sponsorship is paper-based.

Reactions: sbh34

sbh34

Aug 1, 2021
Thanks everyone for clarification! I am aware that one of the parents needs to be in Canada. I was surprised though to read in the original post that outland sponsorship application was submitted online.