+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got through to University of Alberta : MINT and got my student visa.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
japmeet said:
Anyone else here applied for MINT, UofA and received their visa?
Hi japmeet ,
Congrats! can you please share your timeline, when did you apply, your medical and ...?

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
I applied for MINT late November 2014. My pre screen got approved around 20th December. I made my formal application on the 20th of January. I got my admission letter on 3rd March. I applied for my visa on the 2nd of April. I got an email on the 17th of April to get my medical done which I got done on the 23rd and submitted all the documents. I got an approval letter on the 28th and I collected my passport on the 5th of May.

ishant27

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Hi,

I got accepted for MINT program. Yet to apply for visa. Could you share your SOP?
I am worried for my visa acceptance as I have 2 years of work experience in Software Quality Assurance so how to convince visa officer for choosing Networking program?

Please help. I am applying for visa this weekend.

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
ishant27 said:
Hi,

I got accepted for MINT program. Yet to apply for visa. Could you share your SOP?
I am worried for my visa acceptance as I have 2 years of work experience in Software Quality Assurance so how to convince visa officer for choosing Networking program?

Please help. I am applying for visa this weekend.
If you've gotten through to MINT, you've already provided them with your SOP right? I don't think you need SOP for visa purposes.
Also, I have almost 2 years experience in software development. What the visa office usually see is that the course you're going for is in line with your previous work/studies. In your case it doesn't seem like a problem as you're specializing in the computers field (which I guess is the same field as you've done your bachelors in) so don't worry!

ishant27

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
Did you applied for visa online or through vfs?
Also, did you applied for visa without SOP for visa?

Regards,
Ishant

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
ishant27 said:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
Did you applied for visa online or through vfs?
Also, did you applied for visa without SOP for visa?

Regards,
Ishant
I applied via VFS, in person and I did not submit my SOP to the visa office :)