+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the Ready for Visa email, but not able to submit passport from Ukraine (closed VACs, banned to leave the country)

Gene1991

May 4, 2020
Important remark: I submitted not CUAET application, but EE PR application, FSW-Outland back in 2020.

I have received the passport request (the Ready for visa email) and now I have to submit my passport to the nearest visa application center (VAC). All the Ukrainian visa application centers are closed until further notice.
I am male, 30 years old, so I am banned to leave the country at the moment due to martial law. Also, I may get drafted into the army. As far as I understand the immigration visa is time-sensitive, so I have to arrive in Canada within some period of time, which might be impossible due to the situation in Ukraine.

Question 1. Should I submit my passport to a visa application center in some other country? If yes, which application center should I submit my passport to?

Question 2. What should I do, if I cannot arrive in Canada within the time the immigration visa is valid due to the ban to leave Ukraine or the army draft? I will not be able to influence these circumstances. Can the immigration visa be extended in that case?

I may try to send the envelope with my passport, photos and all the required documents to my friends in the EU, then have it sent by a courier to some VAC in the EU. But is it feasible in this case?
Also, I contacted IRCC with these questions and got the response that my file should be reviewed shortly (12 days have passed ever since). If that is so, why would they send me the Ready for Visa email? More than 30 days have already passed since that email, but the situation did not really get better and I really like not to lose my PR.

My application status looks like this
https://capture.dropbox.com/wCFTAAs2ZgKQIWMZ

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Datafricangurl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Don’t know
About your arrival, it depends on your medicals/passport expiry, you may have several months ahead if you just did remed. However I believe that there may be a rule waiver for Ukrainians, raise a webform after you submit your passport

Aside Poland, you can send it to Germany or UK, but UK is a little overwhelmed currently.

I've seen may folks that send to Poland and Germany.

These days, despite the 30 days elapsing, passports are still being stamped